Chelsea fell to a 3-1 defeat to Arsenal at the Emirates stadium on boxing day in what many expected to be an easy victory for Frank Lampard’s side given that Arsenal had failed to win even a single league match since the opening week of last month.
While it’ll be unfair to point fingers to certain persons for the defeat, I’ll be giving my opinion on 3 reasons as to why Chelsea lost to Arsenal.. Stay tuned.
3) Frank lampard played an unfit James and Chilwell which made it easy for Arsenal
I don’t seem to understand why Frank lampard decided to start with the duo of Reece James and Ben Chilwell knowing fully well that neither players are fully fit for such a crucial tie.
Having noticed the fragilities in Chelsea’s full back on the evening, Mikel Arteta’s side constantly targeted them and it was very easy to beat them with the pace of Saka and Tierney who both twisted the life out of James and Chilwell.
It was a mistake that cost Chelsea in this game.
2) No show of fight, hunger or desire to win from the Chelsea players
The display against Arsenal will leave one questioning the hunger and drive of these Chelsea players. While Arsenal made their intent of winning this game clear from the kickoff, Chelsea players seemed like they were carried away with the festive season.
Indeed, it was a half hearted display from the blues players apart from the likes of Thiago Silva, Christian Pulisic and Mason mount who clearly gave their all on the pitch. This team needs to improve in character and performance, players have to also take responsibility for this defeat.
1) Wrong tactics by Frank lampard
While this defeat is not entirely the fault of Frank lampard, the Chelsea headcoach continues to raise concerns over his ability to get the best out of this Chelsea side.
The 42 year old once more laid bare his poor tactical knowledge of the game as he was completely outsmarted and out witted by Mikel Arteta who proved to be more flexible on the evening.
Lampard decision to stick with an out of form Timo Werner and bench Oliver Giroud still baffles me up till this moment. Also, his substitutions at halftime shows how clueless he is… i mean, Who brings in Jorginho when you’re in need of a goal? Who does that?
Look, if this Chelsea side fail to get into the top four, lampard has to take the lion share of the blame. Its only a matter of time before he gets sacked if this team continues like this.
- Watch Nantes vs Lille Live Streaming Match #FCNLOSC #Ligue1 August 12, 2022
- England coach Garth Southgate visits Raheem Sterling, Reece James, Chilwell and others during Chelsea’s training (Photos) August 12, 2022
- Players who could still complete a move to new club before transfer window ends as they have been linked to other clubs August 12, 2022
- Things Doctors Check On Footballers During Medical Before A Deal Is Completed August 12, 2022
- Watch Real Madrid vs Eintracht Frankfurt Live Streaming Match #UEFASupercup #RealMadrid #Frankfurt #RMASGE August 10, 2022
Sports News15 hours ago
Players who could still complete a move to new club before transfer window ends as they have been linked to other clubs
Sportsextral15 hours ago
Things Doctors Check On Footballers During Medical Before A Deal Is Completed
Live Streaming8 hours ago
Watch Nantes vs Lille Live Streaming Match #FCNLOSC #Ligue1
Sports News14 hours ago
England coach Garth Southgate visits Raheem Sterling, Reece James, Chilwell and others during Chelsea’s training (Photos)