Chelsea have three natural first-team center-forwards, but Frank Lampard still haven’t chosen his favorite one to start games regularly, as he keeps on rotating the likes of Werner, Abraham, and Giroud up-front.
Werner started the season as Chelsea‘s number one center-forward after his arrival in the summer, but after a while, the ex-Leipzig star was moved to the left-wing to accommodate Tammy Abraham up-front. The Pair excelled together as Chelsea went 17 matches without a defeat in all competition.
Lampard was okay with the form of Abraham and Werner until Giroud started and Scored 4 goals against Sevilla in the Champions League. The Frenchman forced his way into Chelsea team and scored 9 goals in just 15 matches Averaging a goal every 66 minutes for the Blues.
Tammy Abraham has scored 6 goals in 21 Appearances for Chelsea this season, averaging a goals in every 137 minutes of football
Meanwhile, Werner has gone over 2 months without scoring a goal. His last goal came in Chelsea’s 4-1 victory over Sheffield United back in November, and the German International has managed just 8 goals in 24 appearances this season, averaging a goal ever 225 minutes.
Sky sports organized a poll in their official website, asking fans to chose who they think is Chelsea’s best striker.
After the voting was finished, Giroud came out first by some distance, getting over 72 percent of the total votes, Werner came second with 19 percent, while Tammy Abraham finished last with just 9 percent votes.
After seeing the stats and votes from other Fans, who do you think should be the Chelsea’s Number one Center-forward this season?
- Graham Potter must change Chelsea tune as defeatist attitude strikes wrong chord with fans January 14, 2023
- £71m Chelsea player is now at risk of being sold in the summer, Frank Leboeuf thinks he’s ‘shameful’ January 14, 2023
- Star To Undergo Medical Tests After £20M Bid Was Accepted, Mudryk To Arsenal Latest, Sarabia, Moura January 14, 2023
- No player has scored more goals in Europe’s top 5 Leagues than Victor Osimhen since October 16, 2022 January 14, 2023
- Chelsea set to get rid of seven players worth almost £270m as Boehly demolishes old Abramovich policy January 14, 2023