Chelsea go into the break with a half time lead against Newcastle United with an own goal by Fernandez in the 10th minute. Although Chelsea dominated the game and controlled possession, they should not have been a goal ahead as they were not clinical in the final third and were only saved by the own goal.
Tammy Abraham had the best chance of the halftime as his headed shot was parried by the Newcastle United goalkeeper, a traditional cross into the box by Hakim Ziyech.
Chelsea should’ve doubled their advantage several times but were wasteful on the final third as a couple of crosses into the box 18 were left begging for chance. Timo Werner had the opportunity to double the lead but he miscued and directed the ball of target.
Chelsea’s goalkeeper, Edouard Mendy was seen flexing the whole time, seeing less actions as his defenders were quick to react to any loose ball, protecting the goalkeeper at all cost.The Blues will look to double their advantage in the second half and with lots of the Magpies on card, they’ll be less aggressive and would like yield 2 or more goals.
- Graham Potter must change Chelsea tune as defeatist attitude strikes wrong chord with fans January 14, 2023
- £71m Chelsea player is now at risk of being sold in the summer, Frank Leboeuf thinks he’s ‘shameful’ January 14, 2023
- Star To Undergo Medical Tests After £20M Bid Was Accepted, Mudryk To Arsenal Latest, Sarabia, Moura January 14, 2023
- No player has scored more goals in Europe’s top 5 Leagues than Victor Osimhen since October 16, 2022 January 14, 2023
- Chelsea set to get rid of seven players worth almost £270m as Boehly demolishes old Abramovich policy January 14, 2023