AC Milan will look to extend their lead at the top of the Serie A table when they host Hellas Verona on Sunday at 7:45pm.
The Rossoneri have made a wonderful start to the 2020/21 campaign, winning all but one of their league fixtures so far to take 16 points from six games, sitting two points clear of Sassuolo at the summit of the table.
However, Stefano Pioli’s men did suffer a shock 3-0 defeat at the hands of Lille in the Europa League on Thursday, so this weekend’s match takes on even more importance as Milan look for a quick return to form.
But if they think they’ll find it easy against Verona, Milan are sorely mistaken. Although they’ve scored just eight goals in six Serie A games so far, Ivan Juric’s side have conceded a league-low three goals and sit seventh at this early stage, level on 11 points with Napoli and Inter Milan.
Milan are the favourites, but this looks set to be a tight and unpredictable affair at the San Siro.
Where to watch AC Milan vs Verona on TV:
- UK: FreeSports
- US: ESPN+
Where to live stream AC Milan vs Verona:
UK: Bet365* are streaming this match live for account holders. Those without a Bet365 account already who are interested in streaming AC Milan vs Verona live can take advantage of this service by following the simple steps below.
- Click on this link.
- ‘Join now’ and enter details.
- Log in and fund the new account.
- Pick the desired event from among the ‘live now’ or ‘schedule’ sections in Bet365’s ‘live streaming’ category.
*Geo restrictions apply, 18+ only, must have a funded account, BeGambleAware. All odds and offers within this article are accurate at the time of writing (06/11/2020, 17:00)
Compare football odds to get the best in the market using the Oddspedia tool below. Selecting a price will take you to the bookmaker’s sign-up page, where you can register, claim whatever welcome offer is available to new customers and place your bet. (18+ only, Be Gamble Aware)
AC Milan & Verona’s previous line-ups:
- AC Milan (vs Lille): Donnarumma; Dalot, Kjaer, Romagnoli, Hernandez; Kessie, Tonali; Castillejo*, Diaz, Krunic; Ibrahimovic.
- Verona (vs Benevento): Silvestri; Ceccherini, Lovato, Empereur; Lazovic, Tameze, Ilic, Dimarco; Barak, Zaccagni; Kalinic.
Davide Calabria is still out injured so Diogo Dalot should make his first league start. Samu Castillejo is struggling for fitness and Mateo Musacchio remains sidelined.
Verona are missing a number of players, including Miguel Veloso, Ronaldo Vieira and Marco Benassi, although they should still be able to name an unchanged XI from their 3-1 victory over Benevento last time out.
Players to watch:
- AC Milan: It seems almost impossible not to talk about Zlatan Ibrahimovic right now but if you’re looking for an AC Milan difference-maker besides the giant Swedish striker, look no further than Rafael Leao. The forward had a mixed first campaign in Milan last season, scoring just six goals in 31 Serie A appearances, but already has two goals and three assists in five outings in 2020/21, alongside another strike in the Europa League. Leao is extremely quick across the ground and loves to get into one-on-ones with full-backs, making him the perfect counter-balance to the sheer strength of Ibrahimovic through the middle.
- Verona: Juric’s men have been almost impenetrable so far this season and much of that is thanks to the monumental efforts of Adrien Tameze in midfield. The Frenchman has made more tackles (23) and blocks (14) than any other Verona player in Serie A this season, while he ranks second for interceptions (11), not bad for a player who cost little more than £3m in the summer. Verona are likely to come under immense pressure at the San Siro on Sunday, so Tameze will be a key figure in their attempts to keep the league leaders in check.
Scoreline prediction: AC Milan 2-0 Verona
- Downhill Domination Mobile – Download Downhill Domination Android APK & iOS February 5, 2023
- Tentacle Locker 2 Mobile – Play Tentacle Locker 2 Android APK & iOS February 5, 2023
- Football Manager 2023 Mobile Download Android APK & IOS February 5, 2023
- Transfer News: Done Deals, Fernandez undergoing Chelsea medical, Arsenal star to join PL side January 31, 2023
- Graham Potter must change Chelsea tune as defeatist attitude strikes wrong chord with fans January 14, 2023