Thiago Silva is one of the greatest defenders of his generation, and one of the greatest of all time. The Brazilian legend is a serial winner, having won titles at club and national level.
He was signed by Chelsea on a free transfer this summer, and while many doubted whether he would be able to cope with the demands of the Premier League at his age, he has proven doubters wrong and has shown his quality.
Nominated for the Player of the Month for October, Silva has been fantastic for Chelsea. And he’s carried that superb form to his national team Brazil, who are participating in the CONMENBOL qualifiers, the World Cup qualifiers for South American teams. He was in action for the five time world champions as they took on Uruguay in a mouthwatering clash early Wednesday morning, and he captained his team to an impressive 2-0 win away from home.
Silva wasn’t among the goals, but he was one of the standout performers, leading by example.
The captain had four clearances, four interceptions and tackles, while also winning all five of his duels. He even created one chance for his team, and he displayed his fantastic vision and passing, completing 10 out of 10 attempted long balls. Most importantly, he kept a clean sheet, a second straight clean sheet.
Captain fantastic is leading by example. He may be 36-years old, but he is the perfect example of “age is just a number”. Brazil and Chelsea will be hoping he can continue to perform at this level for at least a couple more years.
- Downhill Domination Mobile – Download Downhill Domination Android APK & iOS February 5, 2023
- Tentacle Locker 2 Mobile – Play Tentacle Locker 2 Android APK & iOS February 5, 2023
- Football Manager 2023 Mobile Download Android APK & IOS February 5, 2023
- Transfer News: Done Deals, Fernandez undergoing Chelsea medical, Arsenal star to join PL side January 31, 2023
- Graham Potter must change Chelsea tune as defeatist attitude strikes wrong chord with fans January 14, 2023