Following his team’s 2-0 away win over FC Porto in their quarter final first leg tie, Thomas Tuchelbecame the second Chelsea manager to win his first three UEFA Champions League knockout games.
After the victory, Tuchel addressed a press conference and had these to say:
1. Timo Werner and Kai Havertz: “I accept that it was a tough match for Kai and Timo today, the connection was not so good.”
However, Tuchel admitted that Werner and Havertz were substituted because of their drab performances.
2. On Christian Pulisic, the gaffer believes the American is having a good momentum despite his injury concerns.
3. Also, on Mason Mount’s goal— Tuchel says it came at a crucial moment. “The first one was very important for us because it came at a moment where we suffered a lot,” the German stated.
4. “It was important to bounce back from the last match,” Tuchel said. He added that his team needed to prove that they can improve from the devastating 5-2 defeat to West Brom.
5. Tuchel classified the result as excellent for Chelsea.
He further praised the duo of Ben Chilwell and Mason Mount for their general play and providing the goals.