Three Chelsea players were involved as England swept aside Iceland in their final UEFA Nations League match on Wednesday evening.
Mason Mount scored England ‘s second goal of the match while striker Tammy Abraham was introduced from the bench during the closing stages.
Ben Chilwell was also named among the substitutes but was not used by manager Gareth Southgate during the comfortable 4-0 victory.
Another top performer for England was Declan Rice, who headed home after 20 minutes to give England the lead.
The Hammers midfielder was the subject of intense transfer speculation over the summer regarding a move to Stamford Bridge, but ultimately he remained with the east London outfit.
Rice started his football career at Chelsea as a young child, but was released from the club’s academy at the age of 14.
He went on to establish himself as arguably one of the Premier League ‘s finest young talents before becoming a regular for the national side since making his debut in March 2019.
Former England striker Darren Bent claimed that Rice would massively upgrade Chelsea’s midfield, going as far as to say that he is an improvement on French World Cup winner N’Golo Kante.
“”For me, I think Declan Rice would be an upgrade,” Bent told Talksport.
“Not only because he can play that role really, really well, he can get about the pitch, has got good energy and can read the game but he can also drop into centre half, so that’s two positions he can play in.
“For someone like Kante, he has been superb but we’ve not see him play in the role over the past season and a half so if they sell Kante and bring in Rice I am all for that.”
- Mike Dean admits he got Marc Cucurella/ Cristian Romero VAR decision wrong during Chelsea vs Spurs August 18, 2022
- Chelsea hopeful of sealing Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang deal August 18, 2022
- Watch Apollon vs Olympiacos Live Streaming Match #APOLOLY August 18, 2022
- Watch Liverpool vs Crystal Palace Live Streaming Match #LIVCRY August 15, 2022
- Watch Chelsea vs Tottenham Live Streaming Match #CHETOT #PL August 14, 2022