Chelsea’s hopes of sealing a sensational January transfer swoop for Borussia Dortmund star Erling Haaland have been handed a boost, with the news that Barcelona’s ambitions of landing him have hit a snag.
Mino Raiola, the agent of Haaland, has revealed that he has not spoken to Emili Rousaud about the prospect of the striker joining Barcelona, should Rousaud become the club’s new president.
The Spaniard is in the running to land the top job at the Nou Camp and oversee the club’s development after a turbulent time both on and off the pitch.
According to Josep Maria Minguella, who is Rousaud’s aide, the 20-year-old Norwegian international would join Barcelona if Rousaud landed the post.
However, Raiola has confirmed that he has had no contact with Rousaud about the prospect of this happening.
Speaking to Sport1, Raiola said: “Fake news. I’ve never talked to any presidential candidate of Barcelona regarding Haaland and I won’t do.
“If there will be a new president elected in January, he can call me.”
This news will be a boost to Chelsea and the rest of the big-name clubs interested in landing the youngster’s signature.
Kovacic and Lampard agree on Havertz’s future
Despite some reports claiming that Chelsea midfielder Kai Havertz is regretting his decision to join the Blues instead of sealing a move to Bayern Munich last summer, fellow Chelsea star Mateo Kovacic is confident that the Germany international will soon start to deliver the goods.
The 21-year-old has struggled to hit the high notes since arriving in west London back in September, scoring just one Premier League goal so far this season.
Despite that, Kovacic is confident that the attacking-midfielder will soon blossom into the player he is expected to be.
Kovacic said: “I like a lot Kai Havertz. He is such a talented player. He is a great signing for Chelsea.
“He will be a huge player for Chelsea and for world football, I’m sure of that.”
You can read more of what Kovacic had to say and Lampard’s prediction about the midfielder by clicking here.
Blues eye French defender
Chelsea are ready to rival AC Milan in the race to sign Strasbourg defender Mohamed Simakan, a report by Le 10 Sport claims.
The 20-year-old is poised to leave the Ligue 1 outfit this month, with Ligue 1 rivals Nice also in the running for his signature.
Should Strasbourg be forced into letting go of Simakan, who they want £13.5million for, it would be a major blow to their survival aspirations, with the youngster having played in every match so far this season
The centre-back could be seen as a star for the future for the Blues, alongside Malang Sarr, who is currently on loan at Portuguese giants Porto, with Kurt Zouma and Thiago Silva currently dominating the central-defensive positions at Stamford Bridge.
Should Chelsea aim to get a deal over the line for Simakan, AC Milan are likely to push them all the way, with the Italian giants having come close to signing him for £12.5million last summer.
- Graham Potter must change Chelsea tune as defeatist attitude strikes wrong chord with fans January 14, 2023
- £71m Chelsea player is now at risk of being sold in the summer, Frank Leboeuf thinks he’s ‘shameful’ January 14, 2023
- Star To Undergo Medical Tests After £20M Bid Was Accepted, Mudryk To Arsenal Latest, Sarabia, Moura January 14, 2023
- No player has scored more goals in Europe’s top 5 Leagues than Victor Osimhen since October 16, 2022 January 14, 2023
- Chelsea set to get rid of seven players worth almost £270m as Boehly demolishes old Abramovich policy January 14, 2023