Chelsea reportedly look ready to pay what is quite frankly crazy money for Everton winger Anthony Gordon.
The 21-year-old seems to be emerging as a top transfer target for Chelsea as we edge closer to the end of the summer, with The Athletic stating they could even pay a total package worth as much as £60million for him.
Responding to these transfer rumours on talkSPORT, pundit Simon Jordan believes Everton need to take advantage of Chelsea’s interest, and take the money and run if the west London giants are “stupid” enough to pay it.
See below for Jordan’s rant in full…
? “Sell him now! If Chelsea are stupid enough, let them pay for him.”
? “£60m! What!? Send him in a cab before someone wakes up!”
? “Everton have to sell now as they have 9 days to utilise this money.”
Simon Jordan says #EFC must accept £60m from #CFC for Anthony Gordon. pic.twitter.com/zWDW02eW1I
— talkSPORT (@talkSPORT) August 23, 2022
Gordon looks a promising young talent, and it would make sense if Everton were keen to keep hold of him, but Jordan is surely right that he’s not a £60m player.
The England Under-21 international may well have a fine career in the future, but it also looks like potentially good financial sense for Everton to accept an offer like that for him, and use it to rebuild their squad.
Quite why Chelsea are focusing on Gordon as their top priority for that kind of money is a bit of a mystery, with Jordan rightly pointing out that bigger names like Erling
- Downhill Domination Mobile – Download Downhill Domination Android APK & iOS February 5, 2023
- Tentacle Locker 2 Mobile – Play Tentacle Locker 2 Android APK & iOS February 5, 2023
- Football Manager 2023 Mobile Download Android APK & IOS February 5, 2023
- Transfer News: Done Deals, Fernandez undergoing Chelsea medical, Arsenal star to join PL side January 31, 2023
- Graham Potter must change Chelsea tune as defeatist attitude strikes wrong chord with fans January 14, 2023