Chelsea’s chase for Sevilla defender Jules Kounde.
The Frenchman has been heavily linked with a move to Stamford Bridge in recent months, but he has yet to complete the transfer.
This summer another world could open up to sign the midfield, especially given the need for Thomas Tuchel to reinforce his team.
Given the upcoming departures of Antonio Rudiger and Andreas Christensen, defensive positions are a particular concern heading into the summer transfer window.
He leaves the current first-team squad with just three natural midfield options, emphasizing the need for new players.
Asked about the problem of the replacement of the back, the German coach said: “We have a core in the back three and we even had a discussion with Thiago Silva because he is not Benjamin Button.
“It looks like he is but he isn’t and he’s grown up. It would be enough to find a natural replacement for these types of situations and treat everyone else, so suddenly we lose maybe three and a half players behind, which is relative and a great challenge. ”
Sevilla is seeking between €55m and €65m (£56m) to let Kounde, 23, out this summer, according to Fabrizio Romano of the Barca Times.
However, the article adds that Barcelona has a ‘special’ need to sign for France this summer.
While this is a setback for the Blues, they also believe he is ahead of his signing window.
Kounde’s current contract expires in 2024, but his 32 appearances in La Liga have been very impressive and have earned him a regular place in France’s senior team
- Downhill Domination Mobile – Download Downhill Domination Android APK & iOS February 5, 2023
- Tentacle Locker 2 Mobile – Play Tentacle Locker 2 Android APK & iOS February 5, 2023
- Football Manager 2023 Mobile Download Android APK & IOS February 5, 2023
- Transfer News: Done Deals, Fernandez undergoing Chelsea medical, Arsenal star to join PL side January 31, 2023
- Graham Potter must change Chelsea tune as defeatist attitude strikes wrong chord with fans January 14, 2023