Team news, stats and prediction ahead of Chelsea vs Everton in the Premier League on Thursday (kick-off 7.45pm).
N’Golo Kante and Trevoh Chalobah will return from injury when Chelsea host Everton at Stamford Bridge in Thursday’s Premier League clash.
Midfielder Kante has been sidelined with knee trouble, while defender Chalobah has shaken off a hamstring problem.
Midfielder Mateo Kovacic should finish isolating due to Covid-19 on Friday, while left-back Ben Chilwell remains out of action due to knee ligament damage.
Chelsea provisional squad: Mendy, Arrizabalaga, Rudiger, Christensen, Chalobah, Sarr, Silva, Azpilicueta, James, Alonso, Hudson-Odoi, Kante, Jorginho, Loftus-Cheek, Niguez, Barkley, Ziyech, Mount, Havertz, Werner, Pulisic, Lukaku
Everton forwards Richarlison (calf) and Andros Townsend (broken foot) are set for weeks on the sidelines.
Left-back Lucas Digne, who was dropped for the last two matches after a fall-out with manager Rafael Benitez, was due to return but reported ill on Wednesday.
Midfielder Allan could come back after missing Sunday’s defeat at Crystal Palace with a groin problem, while captain Seamus Coleman’s bruised foot will be assessed.
Everton provisional squad: Pickford, Delph, Keane, Holgate, Godfrey, Iwobi, Doucoure, Allan, Gomes, Gray, Rondon, Begovic, Kenny, Branthwaite, Gbamin, Onyango, Simms, Tosun, Gordon, Dobbin.
- Chelsea are unbeaten in their last 26 Premier League home games against Everton (W15 D11) since a 1-0 loss in November 1994. If they avoid defeat here, it would equal their longest ever unbeaten home run against an opponent in their league history (27 vs Spurs between 1990 and 2016).
- Everton have won three of their last five Premier League games against Chelsea (L2), as many as they had in their previous 15 against them. However, all of these victories have come at Goodison Park.
- After beating Liverpool in all three meetings in all competitions in the 1984-85 campaign, Everton are winless in their last 12 competitive matches against reigning European champions (D4 L8). They lost both such meetings against Chelsea the last time the Blues were champions of Europe in 2012-13.
- Of all teams to play more than one Premier League game on Thursdays, Chelsea have the best win rate on this specific weekday in the competition, winning seven of their 11 such games (64 per cent).
- After losing four of their first five Thursday games in the Premier League between 1996 and 2015 (D1), Everton are unbeaten in their last five played on this day in the competition (W2 D3).
- Wash your mouth before saying things about me, Everton – Richarlison slams Carragher May 20, 2022
- Chelsea told to sign Harry Kane-esque striker in swap deal with Romelu Lukaku May 20, 2022
- Five Players Chelsea Need To Sign In The Summer In Order To Win EPL Next Season May 20, 2022
- What Rudiger Said About N’golo Kante In His Goodbye Message May 20, 2022
- Watch Chelsea vs Leicester Live Streaming Match #PL #CHELEI May 19, 2022
Sports News11 hours ago
What Rudiger Said About N’golo Kante In His Goodbye Message
Sports News11 hours ago
Five Players Chelsea Need To Sign In The Summer In Order To Win EPL Next Season
Transfer News4 hours ago
Chelsea told to sign Harry Kane-esque striker in swap deal with Romelu Lukaku
Sports News4 hours ago
Wash your mouth before saying things about me, Everton – Richarlison slams Carragher