Chelsea vs Liverpool is going to be an epic battle at Stamford Bridge on Sunday (watch live, 11:30am ET on USA Network as two teams battling to stay in the Premier League title race collide.
STREAM LIVE, PREVIEW CHELSEA v LIVERPOOL
Both teams head into this clash out of form and battling through injury issues, as Thomas Tuchel and Jurgen Klopp know a win here is imperative to help set them up for a second half surge as they try to chase down first-place Manchester City.
Chelsea have defensive injuries, while Liverpool have had issues in midfield as both teams are struggling to finish chances and have dropped points unexpectedly over the festive fixtures.
These two teams do not get on and in recent years they’ve become bitter rivals on and off the pitch.
Here’s a closer look at the history, form, odds, projected lineups and prediction ahead of Chelsea vs Liverpool.
Chelsea vs Liverpool history
Overall games: 59
Chelsea wins: 21
Liverpool wins: 23
- After losing four consecutive Premier League games against Liverpool between 2019 and 2020, Chelsea are unbeaten in their last two against the Reds (W1 D1), though both of these games have come at Anfield.
Liverpool are unbeaten in their last five Premier League meetings with Chelsea when both teams have started the day within the top four (W2 D3), while the Reds have won two of the most recent three.
- Liverpool have won their last two Premier League away games against Chelsea – only one visiting team has won three consecutively at Stamford Bridge in the competition, with Blackburn Rovers doing so between 1993- 94 and 1995-96.
Chelsea, Liverpool recent form
Chelsea last five fixtures – DWDDW | Last match: 1-1 draw vs. Brighton
Liverpool last five fixtures – LDWWW | Last match: 1-0 defeat at Leicester
Chelsea projected lineup (3-4-2-1)
—– Mendy —–
— Azpilicueta — Chalobah — Rudiger —
— Pulisic — Kante — Jorginho — Alonso —
—- Mount —- Ziyech —-
—– Lukaku —–
Liverpool projected lineup (4-3-3)
—– Alisson —–
— Alexander-Arnold — Matip — Van Dijk — Tsimikas —
—- Henderson —- Fabinho —- Keita —-
—- Salah —- Jota —- Mane —-
Odds and ends (full odds provided by our partner, PointsBet)
Chelsea are +200 to win, while Liverpool are the slight favorites at +130. The draw is +240.
PointsBet is our Official Sports Betting Partner and we may receive compensation if you place a bet on PointsBet for the first time after clicking our links
Chelsea vs Liverpool prediction
Both teams badly need a win to keep themselves in the title race heading into the second half of the campaign. Liverpool have the players to make the most of a depleted Chelsea defense, and you’d fancy to see a reaction from Jurgen Klopp’s side. It will be tight and tense and I’m going for a draw. Chelsea 2-2 Liverpool
- Download Barcelona 2022-23 Dream League Soccer Kits [Home, Away, Third] June 29, 2022
- Download Liverpool 2022-23 Dream League Soccer Kits [DLS Kits & Logo] June 29, 2022
- Download Arsenal FC Dream League Soccer Kits 2022-23 [DLS Kits & Logo] June 29, 2022
- Download Real Madrid 2022-23 Dream League Soccer Kits June 29, 2022
- Chelsea FC reach full agreement to sign Brazilian star Raphinha for £60/£65million from Leeds United June 29, 2022
Sports News20 hours ago
“He has to go to Chelsea” – Blues defender urges club to sign star, transfer would be ‘for the best
Gaming7 hours ago
Download Real Madrid 2022-23 Dream League Soccer Kits
Sports News7 hours ago
PSG puts Neymar up for sale as Neymar father asks for 200 million Salary to be Paid
Transfer News7 hours ago
Chelsea FC reach full agreement to sign Brazilian star Raphinha for £60/£65million from Leeds United
Gaming7 hours ago
Download Arsenal FC Dream League Soccer Kits 2022-23 [DLS Kits & Logo]
Transfer News19 hours ago
Chelsea Transfer: Thiago Silva welcomes Neymar to Chelsea
Gaming6 hours ago
Download Liverpool 2022-23 Dream League Soccer Kits [DLS Kits & Logo]
Gaming6 hours ago
Download Barcelona 2022-23 Dream League Soccer Kits [Home, Away, Third]