- Eden Hazard has reportedly snubbed a move to Newcastle United this month
- The Belgian has fallen down the pecking order and Real Madrid want to cash in
- Reports suggest that Los Blancos accepted a £33.4m offer from Newcastle
- However, Hazard is understood to want to move to a bigger club this month
Eden Hazard has reportedly snubbed a move to Newcastle United despite the mega-rich Magpies seeing an offer £33.4million, plus £8.3m in add-ons, accepted by Real Madrid.
Hazard, 30, has endured a torrid time in the Spanish capital since arriving from Chelsea in 2019 for an initial fee of £88m, with a series of injuries and a lack of form hampering the Belgian.
As a result, Hazard has fallen down the pecking order under Carlo Ancelotti, with Vinicius Jr and Rodrygo preferred by the Italian coach.
Florentino Perez has looked to shift the 30-year-old this January transfer window, with Los Blancos preparing for the expected arrival of Kylian Mbappe on a free transfer this summer.
And according to El Nacional, Perez has accepted an offer of €40m (£33.4m), plus €10m (£8.3m) in add-ons, from Newcastle with Eddie Howe desperate to strengthen his beleaguered squad in a bid to escape relegation this season.
However, Hazard has snubbed the Magpies’ approach, with the Spanish report claiming that the Belgian will only leave for a ‘big’ club, such as Chelsea.
The Blues have long been linked with a reunion with Hazard, who dazzled at Stamford Bridge over his seven-year spell, scoring 110 goals and providing 92 assists in 352 appearances for the club.
Madrid are reportedly interested in Chelsea star Reece James, with the Spaniards rumoured to be considering offering Hazard as makeweight for the England international – who they value at £50m.
Madrid reportedly understand signing the 22-year-old is a long shot as he ‘has it all’ at Chelsea but they are reportedly still willing to try.
James has enjoyed a stellar season as Chelsea sit third, netting five goals and providing six assists in 22 appearances as a right wing-back.
But Hazard’s tally this term is not quite as enticing for the Blues as the forward has registered just one assist and failed to find the net all campaign.
- Aston Villa Signs Barcelona Star, Chelsea To Offload Players This Summer May 15, 2022
- Experienced Chelsea midfielder pushing for transfer exit to a new club when transfer window opens May 15, 2022
- TUCHEL OUT: Three Tactical Managers That Could Replace Thomas Tuchel at Chelsea May 15, 2022
- Chelsea’s Strongest Lineup With The Addition Of Koulibaly, De Jong, And Harry Kane In The Summer May 15, 2022
- Three Best Players and Two Worst Players, as Liverpool Beat Chelsea On Penalties To Win the FA Cup May 15, 2022
Sports News14 hours ago
TUCHEL OUT: Three Tactical Managers That Could Replace Thomas Tuchel at Chelsea
Sports News14 hours ago
Experienced Chelsea midfielder pushing for transfer exit to a new club when transfer window opens
Transfer News14 hours ago
Aston Villa Signs Barcelona Star, Chelsea To Offload Players This Summer