The Premier League was in action today as West Ham United hosted Chelsea at London Stadium on Saturday’s early kickoff. Chelsea has been in good form in the Premier League since the start of the season with only one defeat in 13 matches.
After a series of missed chances, Chelsea finally took the lead in the 29th minute of the game when Mason Mount’s corner kick was met by Thiago Silva who headed in a beautiful strike to put Chelsea in front.
West Ham United drew level in the 40th minute after Manuel Lanzini converted a penalty to equalize for the hammers.
It was a reckless mistake by two Chelsea players that resulted in West Ham United winning a penalty in the game. Chelsea was totally in control of the game but lost concentration when Jorginho made a big mistake by passing the ball to Edouard Mendy who was already marked by a West Ham United. It was a reckless pass by Jorginho who had other alternatives to pass the ball but choose to pass to Edouard Mendy.
Edouard Mendy on the other hand has the position to clear the ball but got too distracted and decided to dribble leading to him fouling West Ham United player. Both Jorginho and Edouard Mendy made big mistakes and needs to apologise for letting the team down.
Manuel Lanzini scored the penalty which means Chelsea has now failed to keep a clean sheet in three consecutive matches for the first time this season.
Chelsea currently leads 2-1 as of the time of filing this report.
- Graham Potter must change Chelsea tune as defeatist attitude strikes wrong chord with fans January 14, 2023
- £71m Chelsea player is now at risk of being sold in the summer, Frank Leboeuf thinks he’s ‘shameful’ January 14, 2023
- Star To Undergo Medical Tests After £20M Bid Was Accepted, Mudryk To Arsenal Latest, Sarabia, Moura January 14, 2023
- No player has scored more goals in Europe’s top 5 Leagues than Victor Osimhen since October 16, 2022 January 14, 2023
- Chelsea set to get rid of seven players worth almost £270m as Boehly demolishes old Abramovich policy January 14, 2023