Manchester United were thrashed by their city rivals Manchester City 6-3 at the Etihad stadium on Sunday evening. Goals from Erling Haaland and Phil Foden gave the Cityzens the deserved win over the Red Devils.
Manchester United star player Cristiano Ronaldo didn’t feature in the game as he watched the Red Devils thrashing on the bench. Some of the Red Devils fans criticised the manager for to bring on the former Real Madrid star in the second half.
However, Manchester United manager Erik Ten Hag has now revealed that the Portugal captain remained on the bench ‘out of respect’, in a bizarre justification. “Out of respect for his big career,” the Dutchman told journalists when asked why his star forward did not feature.
Ronaldo has started most of Manchester United’s games on the bench this season with Marcus Rashford and Anthony Martial being the preferred options upfront by the Dutchman.
- Transfer News: Done Deals, Fernandez undergoing Chelsea medical, Arsenal star to join PL side January 31, 2023
- Graham Potter must change Chelsea tune as defeatist attitude strikes wrong chord with fans January 14, 2023
- £71m Chelsea player is now at risk of being sold in the summer, Frank Leboeuf thinks he’s ‘shameful’ January 14, 2023
- Star To Undergo Medical Tests After £20M Bid Was Accepted, Mudryk To Arsenal Latest, Sarabia, Moura January 14, 2023
- No player has scored more goals in Europe’s top 5 Leagues than Victor Osimhen since October 16, 2022 January 14, 2023