German football expert reveals Timo Werner’s best position
A lot has been said over recent days about the form of new Chelsea striker Timo Werner, and whether being stuck out on the wings is helping his form.
He is going through a bit of a dry spell and looks rather short on confidence at times. Of course it is early days right now and he’s just moved to a new club in a new country, but questions are starting to be asked about whether he needs to be playing as the lone centre forward rather than out wide.
German football expert Daniel Pinder of GGFN believes Werner benefits more from being able to play in a free role and roam around, rather than just out wide, or as a lone striker. He also says he is better playing closer to other strikers in a fluid attack.
Speaking to Si Phillips Talks Chelsea, Pinder said:
“Werner was often deployed as a CF under Julian Nagelsmann at RB Leipzig, says Pinder.
“But their fluid attack would often see Timo play in a free role when playing alongside Yussuf Poulsen/Patrik Shick – allowing him to drop a little deeper or move to LW, but predominantly a CF.
“Timo’s movement and finishing under Nagelsmann is world class and it worked at Leipzig, but for the German national team I think he struggles because of their structured approach in attack.”
Chelsea really need him to start performing soon as possible to get back on track!
- Watch PSV Eindhoven vs Monaco Live Streaming Match #PSVMON #UCL #PSVASM August 9, 2022
- Watch Marseille vs Reims Live Streaming Match #OMSDR August 7, 2022
- Watch Barcelona vs Pumas UNAM Live Streaming Match August 7, 2022
- Watch West Ham vs Manchester City Live Streaming Match #WHUMCI #EPL #PL August 7, 2022
- Watch Manchester United vs Brighton Live Streaming Match #MUNBHA #EPL #FPL #PL August 7, 2022