Chelsea are back in Premier League action tonight against Aston Villa on the back of a harassing 3-1 defeat to Arsenal on Boxing Day.
Aston Villa are level on points with the Blues and ahead of them on goal difference, but they also have a game in hand.
This match will be crucial for Frank Lampard‘s side, but Chelsea must have to bounce back from their loss and take all three points this evening.
Early Chelsea Team News and Likely Lineups to face Aston Villa
Frank Lampard will make some changes to the side that lost on Boxing Day having played two games in the space of two days. We’ll be expecting a 4-2-3-1 formation tonight.
Mendy will keep his place at goal area with Antonio Rudiger and Kurt Zouma at centre-backs. Cesar Azpilicueta is expected to come in for Recce James at right-back, while Ben Chilwell retain his spot.
There could be a change in the midfield, with Billy Gilmour partnering Ngolo Kante in the double pivot. Kai Havertz could get a start ahead of Mason Mount at the no.10 role.
Callum Hudson-Odoi will certainly get a start tonight on the right wing, with Christian Pulisic on the other flank.
Olivier Giroud could also get the nod tonight after having missed out against Arsenal.
Here’s how Chelsea could lineup against Aston Villa:
- Mike Dean admits he got Marc Cucurella/ Cristian Romero VAR decision wrong during Chelsea vs Spurs August 18, 2022
- Chelsea hopeful of sealing Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang deal August 18, 2022
- Watch Apollon vs Olympiacos Live Streaming Match #APOLOLY August 18, 2022
- Watch Liverpool vs Crystal Palace Live Streaming Match #LIVCRY August 15, 2022
- Watch Chelsea vs Tottenham Live Streaming Match #CHETOT #PL August 14, 2022