Previously, Chelsea were adamant in this summer transfer window,but the blues are on the verge of spending over £200m to sign players. Tuchel is rebuilding the squad after various first team departures,to fight for the English domestic and European competitions.
Since Barcelona are also stepping up their pursuit for Marcos Alonso and Cezar Azpilicueta, Chelsea are recruiting their replacement hence the Spaniards are likely to leave.
As reported by Fabrizio Romano, Chelsea have reached a full agreement to sign Brighton left back Marc Cucurella on a permanent deal. Chelsea hijacked the deal ahead of Manchester city,and agreement have been completed between the clubs.
Chelsea won the race after including youngster Lewi Cowill in the deal, alongside £50m fee in the negotiation. The 24 year old had accepted personal terms,and will fly to London for medicals in order to the sign contract.
Manchester City decided not to bid again,after £40m official proposal was turned by Brighton. Cucurella will become the blues fifth signing after Sterling, Koulibaly, Slonina and Chukwuemeka.
- Graham Potter must change Chelsea tune as defeatist attitude strikes wrong chord with fans January 14, 2023
- £71m Chelsea player is now at risk of being sold in the summer, Frank Leboeuf thinks he’s ‘shameful’ January 14, 2023
- Star To Undergo Medical Tests After £20M Bid Was Accepted, Mudryk To Arsenal Latest, Sarabia, Moura January 14, 2023
- No player has scored more goals in Europe’s top 5 Leagues than Victor Osimhen since October 16, 2022 January 14, 2023
- Chelsea set to get rid of seven players worth almost £270m as Boehly demolishes old Abramovich policy January 14, 2023