After a number of injury problems, Frank Lampard now has a full, robust squad to pick from at Chelsea, with Billy Gilmour the only player missing on a long term basis. But for Hakim Ziyech, he is yet to start a game since making his comeback from injury, and he is struggling to regain full match fitness.
It’s completely understandable: the last time Ziyech played was in March.
The next time he kicked a ball in a football game after that was in preseason against Brighton in August, but he picked up a knee injury in that game which had kept him out for a while, until he played some minutes for Morroco in the last international break. Since then, he has made three consecutive substitute appearances.
And now, Frank Lampard has dropped a hint as to when he is set to start.
The Blues manager was speaking in an interview on Monday night, and he revealed that Ziyech is finally getting fit enough to play more minutes, hinting that the Morrocan is finally set to start in the next game.
Speaking in the interview, Lampard said:
“Hakim Ziyech is now looking like he is coming close to starting a game with his fitness.”
It’s a welcome development for fans, who have been looking forward to a front line of Hakim Ziyech, Christian Pulisic and Timo Werner starting a game fir the first time since the summer.
We are finally getting close to having a taste of that
- Watch Liverpool vs Crystal Palace Live Streaming Match #LIVCRY August 15, 2022
- Watch Chelsea vs Tottenham Live Streaming Match #CHETOT #PL August 14, 2022
- Watch Lecce vs Inter Milan Live Streaming Match #LecceInter August 13, 2022
- Watch PSG vs Montpellier Live Streaming Match #PSGMHSC #FRA August 13, 2022
- Watch Barcelona vs Rayo Vallecano Live Streaming Match #BarçaRayo #LaLiga August 13, 2022