Chelsea defender Thiago Silva is hopeful that national teammate Neymar could soon join him at the Stamford Bridge.
Spending his holidays in Brazil, the Blues’ star today attended to a sponsor’s event in the city of Recife, and had a word with the local media.
Silva was asked about the future of Neymar, with many rumours from the Spanish media today claiming that Paris Saint Germain do not count on the player for the upcoming season.
The Chelsea player then claimed he’d like the PSG forward to join him in London, even though he makes it very clear there’s no inside information on those chances.
“He has to go to Chelsea. If it happens, it will be for the best. He needs no comments… So far, I don’t know anything, but I hope it comes to fruition”, said Silva (via JC).
Neymar has been linked to a move out of PSG for a few months now, and Chelsea, among other Premier League clubs, have been named as some of those who could afford taking him out of the French capital.
Chelsea notably tried to sign the Brazilian back in 2010, when he was still an exciting prospect at Santos.
At the time, the South American club made a press conference to say the offer was turned down and announced his contract renewal
- Watch Liverpool vs Crystal Palace Live Streaming Match #LIVCRY August 15, 2022
- Watch Chelsea vs Tottenham Live Streaming Match #CHETOT #PL August 14, 2022
- Watch Lecce vs Inter Milan Live Streaming Match #LecceInter August 13, 2022
- Watch PSG vs Montpellier Live Streaming Match #PSGMHSC #FRA August 13, 2022
- Watch Barcelona vs Rayo Vallecano Live Streaming Match #BarçaRayo #LaLiga August 13, 2022