Last season and earlier this season, Lampard was getting blamed when Chelsea GKs were throwing the ball into the net every 3 days A lot of fans kept saying that the problem was not with Lampard or even Chelsea defenders. It was almost entirely down to one position.
Chelsea have conceded more than 1.0 xG in just 3 of our last 12 games!
2.2 vs Southampton (H) – 3 goals conceded
1.2 vs Rennes (A) – 1 goal conceded
1.3 vs Sevilla (A) – 0 goals conceded
For those wondering if Chelsea recent defensive run is sustainable. Yes it is
Expected goals conceded with Mendy on the pitch: 7.7
Actual goals conceded with Mendy on the pitch: 3
Conceding 7.7 xG in 12 games (0.64 per 90) is very good as it is, conceding a goal every four games is utterly phenomenal. What a gem they’ve got on their hands.
Now they need a player who they can rely on to play every game. Someone who can set standards on and off the pitch day in day out. If they want to become a mature team, they need leaders. That is something Rice offers over all other alternatives. Oh, and he’s a pretty damn good DM too
- Watch PSV Eindhoven vs Monaco Live Streaming Match #PSVMON #UCL #PSVASM August 9, 2022
- Watch Marseille vs Reims Live Streaming Match #OMSDR August 7, 2022
- Watch Barcelona vs Pumas UNAM Live Streaming Match August 7, 2022
- Watch West Ham vs Manchester City Live Streaming Match #WHUMCI #EPL #PL August 7, 2022
- Watch Manchester United vs Brighton Live Streaming Match #MUNBHA #EPL #FPL #PL August 7, 2022