Heung-min Son has won the 2020 Puskas Award for his stunning goal during Tottenham’s win against Burnley last season.
The South Korean picked up the ball on the edge of his own area during the 5-0 Premier League victory before running through the entire Burnley team and slotting calmly past Nick Pope.
Son beat efforts from Luiz Suarez for Barcelona and Flamengo’s Giorgian De Arrascaeta to win the Puskas Award at Fifa’s The Best ceremony.
The award, first established in 2009, is named after former Real Madrid striker Ferenc Puskas.
Son follows in the footsteps of the likes of Cristiano Ronaldo, Neymar, James Rodriguez, Zlatan Ibrahimovic and Mohamed Salah in claiming the award.
Spurs boss Jose Mourinho congratulated Son on his award, with the Portuguese recording a video from his car: “Going home and watching Fifa TV – Sonny, Puskas Award, the best goal of the season… of course, Sonny
- Mike Dean admits he got Marc Cucurella/ Cristian Romero VAR decision wrong during Chelsea vs Spurs August 18, 2022
- Chelsea hopeful of sealing Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang deal August 18, 2022
- Watch Apollon vs Olympiacos Live Streaming Match #APOLOLY August 18, 2022
- Watch Liverpool vs Crystal Palace Live Streaming Match #LIVCRY August 15, 2022
- Watch Chelsea vs Tottenham Live Streaming Match #CHETOT #PL August 14, 2022