Frank Lampard has finally explained why he started Tammy Abraham ahead of Olivier Giroud in Chelsea’s 3-0 victory against West Ham on Monday night.
Abraham was been preferred by Lampard for most games in the opening stages of the Premier League, but Giroud won a starting role after impressing from the bench and in the Champions League.
But after back-to-back defeats from the Blues, Frank Lampard recalled Abraham to the starting lineup against West Ham and the striker impressed with two goals.
The win has now seen Chelsea moved up to fifth position on the league table, with six points behind leaders Liverpool.
Speaking to Sky Sports ahead of the game, Lampard explained: “With Tammy it’s about his energy from the attack.
“Giroud has been impressive, and he can also come off the bench as well. I’ve got decision every week with both of them”.
Kai Havertz didn’t also make the starting lineup against West Ham which Lampard also explained: “With Kai, as it is with Giroud I’ve got midfielders that are competing and I have to have a high level of competition, it’s nothing wrong with Kai. He’s finding his fit at the moment and he will find it. It’s just the midfield I chose tonight”.
Next up for Chelsea is against struggling Arsenal on Saturday, whcoich uld prove a stern test for Frank Lampard’s men.
- Mike Dean admits he got Marc Cucurella/ Cristian Romero VAR decision wrong during Chelsea vs Spurs August 18, 2022
- Chelsea hopeful of sealing Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang deal August 18, 2022
- Watch Apollon vs Olympiacos Live Streaming Match #APOLOLY August 18, 2022
- Watch Liverpool vs Crystal Palace Live Streaming Match #LIVCRY August 15, 2022
- Watch Chelsea vs Tottenham Live Streaming Match #CHETOT #PL August 14, 2022