The Spurs pair have already combined for nine top-flight goals this term and are on course to chase down the all-time number held by the Chelsea bossFrank Lampard believes that Harry Kane and Son Heung-min will “comfortably” break the Premier League record he shares with Didier Drogba for the most goal combinations by a duo, as the Chelsea manager prepares to welcome the Tottenham pair to Stamford Bridge on Sunday.
The Blues will host their old rivals in a London derby this weekend, as their boss prepares to square off against his former coach Jose Mourinho once again under the bright lights.
The Portuguese, who guided Chelsea to multiple top-flight titles during two separate spells at the helm, has seen his side emerge as the early pacesetters this term, with last weekend’s 2-0 victory over Manchester City helping to keep Spurs top of the table.
Much of the club’s impressive performances this season have been powered by the lethal combination of England skipper Kane and Korea star Son, who have notched up nine goal and assist link-ups between them already in just nine games.
The pair’s blistering start not only puts them in striking distance of the single-season record held by Alan Shearer and Chris Sutton with 13, but has lifted them to 29 across their Premier League careers, just seven shy of the all-time record held by Lampard and ex-Ivory Coast striker Drogba
- Mike Dean admits he got Marc Cucurella/ Cristian Romero VAR decision wrong during Chelsea vs Spurs August 18, 2022
- Chelsea hopeful of sealing Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang deal August 18, 2022
- Watch Apollon vs Olympiacos Live Streaming Match #APOLOLY August 18, 2022
- Watch Liverpool vs Crystal Palace Live Streaming Match #LIVCRY August 15, 2022
- Watch Chelsea vs Tottenham Live Streaming Match #CHETOT #PL August 14, 2022