I bring to you all the very best latest Chelsea Injury News, and when they are likely to return ahead of the blues FA Cup Clash against Barnsley away from home on Thursday night.
Chelsea maintain their winning ways under there new manager Thomas Tuchel by winning Sheffield United on sunday at Bramall Lane stadium. Mason Mount scored the first goal for Chelsea before the halftime, while a disastrous own goal by Rudiger cancelled out the lead, then Jorginho goal from the spot gave Chelsea all the three points they needed to move to fifth in the EPL table.
It was a commanding performance from Tuchel team as they have won 10 points from a possible 12 since his arrival, the blues dealt with everything that the Blades threw on them which means that they are now one point of the top four currently.
Chelsea are now playing like a team that has a lot of quality to be in the top four finish however, they will turn their attention to the league Cup round action this week. This game is likely to see the blues boss allow some of his senior players to rest after a hectic run of matches in the premier league.
*. But will injuries allow him to do so in the team, now let’s see the latest Chelsea Injury news ahead of their FA Cup tie.
1. Thiago Silva: he got injured during the match against Tottenham last week at the White Hart Lane stadium, which ruled him out of Sheffield United game. Tuchel confirmed after the united game, that Silva will also not be available to face Barnsley this week.
Despite the manager hopes of getting Silva fit before the Blades game, he poured cold water on his boss hope by declaring on Instagram that he is not fit, with a rough translation of the message saying “injuries are part of our job”, now i will try and treat it and come back stronger.
2. Timo Werna: He was in a good form against the Blades yesterday by given an assist to Mount’s opening goal, and winning the penalty kick for Jorginho to score the second. Despite all his involvement in the game, Werna night ended in disappointment 75th minutes when he was replaced by Kante.
After he was substituted in the game and taking a sit in the stand, the German striker was seen with some heavy strapping on his leg, suggesting he has been injured, but Tuchel insisted that nothing happened to him and it was just a dead leg.
I believe he will be fine, because at the initial stage it looked painful for him but he is okay now.
3. Kai Havertz: The German missed the game against Tottenham at the midweek with a minor injury he picked in training, but he was expected to return against the Blades.
Tuchel said that Havertz was not at his fitness level that was why he did not play against United yesterday, but it’s unclear whether he will be fit on time to play against Barnsley.
4. Christian Pulisic: He was a noticeable absentee from the squad yesterday at Bramall Lane stadium, which brought fears to the fans across the globe that he is injured. But the blues boss has confirmed that the USA international is not injured, he was left out of the game because of some family issues.
Still speaking he said that, Pulisic has some family issues that needs to be resolve before he plays football, and family is always first so we decided to give him a rest for today.
5. Kurt Zouma: he was also not available to play against Sheffield United on sunday, because of a knock that he picked up in the training ground last week. But it looks like he will be available this week