Team news, stats and prediction ahead of Manchester City vs Chelsea in the Premier League on Saturday (kick-off 5.30pm).
Manchester City are without defender John Stones as they bid to clinch the Premier League title against fellow Champions League finalists Chelsea on Saturday.
The England international completes his three-match domestic suspension for his sending off in the victory against Aston Villa last month.
City have no new fitness concerns following their exertions against Paris St Germain in midweek and centre-back Eric Garcia could be available again after illness.
Mateo Kovacic will miss out for Chelsea as he continues to battle past hamstring trouble.
The Croatia midfielder will also be a doubt for the Blues’ Premier League clash with Arsenal at Stamford Bridge on Wednesday.
Boss Thomas Tuchel still hopes to have the former Real Madrid man fit in time for the FA Cup final against Leicester, however.
A United draw would have effectively sealed the title for the blue half of Manchester, because of City’s vastly superior goal difference, but fan protests at Old Trafford saw the game called off for safety and security reasons.
But City can now secure the title in front of the Sky Sports cameras if they can see off Tuchel’s side in a meeting between the two Champions League finalists.
If they slip up – and Manchester United win on Sunday May 9 away to Aston Villa – the game at Newcastle on May 12 could be decisive.
How to follow
Manchester City vs Chelsea will be shown live on Sky Sports Premier League and Main Eventfrom 5pm; kick-off 5.30pm. Sky Sportscustomers can watch in-game clips in the live match blog on the Sky Sports website and app. Highlights will also be published on the Sky Sports digital platforms and the Sky Sports Football YouTube channel shortly after the final whistle
- Graham Potter must change Chelsea tune as defeatist attitude strikes wrong chord with fans January 14, 2023
- £71m Chelsea player is now at risk of being sold in the summer, Frank Leboeuf thinks he’s ‘shameful’ January 14, 2023
- Star To Undergo Medical Tests After £20M Bid Was Accepted, Mudryk To Arsenal Latest, Sarabia, Moura January 14, 2023
- No player has scored more goals in Europe’s top 5 Leagues than Victor Osimhen since October 16, 2022 January 14, 2023
- Chelsea set to get rid of seven players worth almost £270m as Boehly demolishes old Abramovich policy January 14, 2023