After putting a difficult week behind them with victory over West Ham last Saturday, Chelsea arrived at Emirate Stadium with many football fans expecting the Blues to ease past the poor Gunners and increase the pressure on Mike Arteta
Unfortunately the Home time came victorious after defeating Chelsea 3-1 on Boxing day at the Emirate Stadium, and the pressure is now on Chelsea Boss Frank Lampard with the Blues already out of the title challenge
Defeat to Arsenal is never an option never to be accepted by Chelsea Supporters, but the manner of the loss against an Arsenal team seating in 15th position and had not won a single league game since November 1 and also had not less than three players pull out late for illness-related reasons will have been the most frustrating option to accept.
Now, Lampard Chelsea’s defeat to Arsenal means Larmpard’s side has now suffer three premier league in their last matches
Even that win came via a performance that failed to inspire, which, from a team that had £220 million ($275m) spent on it during the summer, is rather concerning.
“You can’t lack energy and desire in the Premier League and we did,”
Lampard told BBC Sport after watching his side put in a lethargic display in north London.
“You can prepare as well as you want but if you turn up like that that’s another thing. It’s in the mind.
“If you perform below par things go against you like the [Bukayo] Saka goal. That’s life
- Watch Liverpool vs Crystal Palace Live Streaming Match #LIVCRY August 15, 2022
- Watch Chelsea vs Tottenham Live Streaming Match #CHETOT #PL August 14, 2022
- Watch Lecce vs Inter Milan Live Streaming Match #LecceInter August 13, 2022
- Watch PSG vs Montpellier Live Streaming Match #PSGMHSC #FRA August 13, 2022
- Watch Barcelona vs Rayo Vallecano Live Streaming Match #BarçaRayo #LaLiga August 13, 2022