Even though it’s been a couple of weeks since the Brazilian media reported Chelsea’s deal with Vasco da Gama for the transfer of Andrey Santos, the Blues are still to confirm the youngster’s arrival at the Stamford Bridge.
The agreement, however, is now announced by the Rio de Janeiro side. In a press conference, their director Paulo Bracks claimed the clubs have already shook hands for the move to happen, and now wait for minor details until that’s made official.
“Andrey, he’s in London having the medical. Vasco accepted Chelsea’s proposal, but the deal is not closed,” said Paulo Bracks (via Globo Esporte).
“Between a proposal made and accepted until finalization, there is no manual of days. It can take a week, 15 days, 30 days. It is important to point out because I understand the anxiety, but negotiations are complex.”
Since the agreement was initially reported, there had been several claims regarding the price paid by Chelsea for the transfer.
The latest of them said the initial amount is of €12.5m, with other potential bonuses.
The Brazilian media had also claimed that Andrey Santos would still apply for a working visa to play in the Premier League, and in case that was not granted, he’d stay on loan at Vasco until the middle of the year.
Therefore, that could be one of the issues holding the Chelsea transfer for now.
- Graham Potter must change Chelsea tune as defeatist attitude strikes wrong chord with fans January 14, 2023
- £71m Chelsea player is now at risk of being sold in the summer, Frank Leboeuf thinks he’s ‘shameful’ January 14, 2023
- Star To Undergo Medical Tests After £20M Bid Was Accepted, Mudryk To Arsenal Latest, Sarabia, Moura January 14, 2023
- No player has scored more goals in Europe’s top 5 Leagues than Victor Osimhen since October 16, 2022 January 14, 2023
- Chelsea set to get rid of seven players worth almost £270m as Boehly demolishes old Abramovich policy January 14, 2023