The world of football is enjoying a fun filled season. The last transfer window was a busy one as many clubs sold their key players and brought in quality players as well.
Recently, the old news have resurfaced again as PSG and French International superstar, Kylian Mbappe makes a U-turn on his decision and rekindles the interest of leaving the French giant to his dream Club, Real Madrid. Recall that the 23 years old signed a new 3 years contract worth the whooping sum of €250 million.
According to football Journalist, Fabrizio Romano, Mbappe is not happy with PSG and he’s putting pressure on the club to sell him even though they never intend to do so. The generational talent might force a move out of the cub as soon as possible if things doesn’t change.
However, Liverpool seems to be a potential destination for the lad. But in my opinion, if Chelsea rivals Liverpool to his signature, he might choose them over Liverpool because of these reasons:
1. Champions League football:
The Merseyside club is having a bad start and their chance of qualifying for next season’s UCL keep getting slimmer. On the other hand, the appointment of Graham Potter seems to have awaken the intensity of Chelsea performances in every competition.
I believe that Liverpool might not make it to the top 4 when the season ends, while Chelsea would sit among the top 4. With this hypothesis, Mbappe would choose the London club over Liverpool because a player of such potential would want to perform in the biggest stage.
2. Chelsea always have a place in Mbappe’s heart right from his tender age. He once had a trial with the club when he was little but failed because of his bad defensive ability.
He also gushes over Chelsea legendary striker, Didier Drogba, which could influence his move to the club instead of Liverpool.
- Graham Potter must change Chelsea tune as defeatist attitude strikes wrong chord with fans January 14, 2023
- £71m Chelsea player is now at risk of being sold in the summer, Frank Leboeuf thinks he’s ‘shameful’ January 14, 2023
- Star To Undergo Medical Tests After £20M Bid Was Accepted, Mudryk To Arsenal Latest, Sarabia, Moura January 14, 2023
- No player has scored more goals in Europe’s top 5 Leagues than Victor Osimhen since October 16, 2022 January 14, 2023
- Chelsea set to get rid of seven players worth almost £270m as Boehly demolishes old Abramovich policy January 14, 2023