Chelsea will be seeking to use this tie to regain momentum and get back to winning ways. So I expect Chelsea to be all out to get the maximum point. However, Aston Villa are not a team to joke with as they have been able to upset some teams. The most memorable one is the 7:2 win against Liverpool. So if Chelsea is expecting to get anything off this match, this is the area of the field Chelsea must dominant.
In recent match, Chelsea midfield have been struggling to keep up with pace and ball distribution. With only Ngolo Kante being the viable and reliable midfielder in the team. With havertz, Mount and kovacic struggling at the moment, Lampard needs to work out a tactic that will see Chelsea gain dominance over the midfield.
Chelsea’s over reliance on the wings have been their doom. With most of the balls falling to the winger and full backs, to either make a run at the defence or cross the ball for a header. Which in our last 4 games have not really worked for us. Since every opposition knows that if they close down the wings for Chelsea, they will be powerless.
With great and experienced midfielders in Aston Villa, Lampard cannot afford to allow Villa takes hold of the midfield like they did against Arsenal and Wolverhampton of they want to get anything off this tie
- Graham Potter must change Chelsea tune as defeatist attitude strikes wrong chord with fans January 14, 2023
- £71m Chelsea player is now at risk of being sold in the summer, Frank Leboeuf thinks he’s ‘shameful’ January 14, 2023
- Star To Undergo Medical Tests After £20M Bid Was Accepted, Mudryk To Arsenal Latest, Sarabia, Moura January 14, 2023
- No player has scored more goals in Europe’s top 5 Leagues than Victor Osimhen since October 16, 2022 January 14, 2023
- Chelsea set to get rid of seven players worth almost £270m as Boehly demolishes old Abramovich policy January 14, 2023