Thibaut Courtois is behind Real Madrid’s 14th UEFA Champions League success, with the Belgian star produced a masterclass display in mouthwatering clash against Liverpool last night.
Courtois, 30, produced a stunning performances as he used all parts of his body including legs, chest and the face to pulling off a string of stunning saves to deny Mohamed Salah and Sadio Mane.
The Belgian international had 24 shots fired at him from a determined Liverpool side, making nine saves – denying the Reds the chance to win a treble of trophies this season.
Courtois’s nine saves against Liverpool, means is the first shot-stopper to recorded most saves in the UEFA Champions League final.
The Belgian keeper was not only the key to winning the final, he was an essential part of Madrid’s entire championship run. Courtois recorded 61 saves this UEFA Champions League this season in 14 games
- Chelsea Transfer: Thiago Silva welcomes Neymar to Chelsea June 28, 2022
- “He has to go to Chelsea” – Blues defender urges club to sign star, transfer would be ‘for the best June 28, 2022
- Big Blow to Chelsea as Ousmané Dembélé has decided to renew his contract with Barcelona. June 27, 2022
- DONE DEAL: Gabriel Jesus to Arsenal announcement date ‘revealed June 26, 2022
- Chelsea Confirm 1st Summer Signing, Blues Agree Terms With €60M Star, Rice, Ronaldo June 26, 2022