Chelsea lost 5-6 on penalties in the FA Cup final and it was a disappointing defeat for the Blues. Chelsea fans also slammed Andreas Christensen for pulling out of the starting XI for the FA Cup final just hours before the game.
Christensen withdrew from the Chelsea squad limiting Chelsea’s defensive options in the process.
The 26 year old is set to join Barcelona on a free transfer at the end of this season and he was expected to play against Liverpool.
Christensen wasn’t injured and yet, he told Thomas Tuchel that he’s not ready to play just hours before the match. He was reportedly feeling unwell during the week but he played full minutes during Chelsea’s 3-0 win over Leeds United.
His teammates were shocked and confused following his decision to withdraw himself from the squad. Chalobah, Thiago Silva and Rudiger started as Chelsea back three but Silva sustained an early injury and Christensen would have been the perfect replacement for the 37 year old.
Chelsea will be without Antonio Rudiger and Andrea Christensen next season and the club will be looking to sign a new centre-back this summer.
- Watch Liverpool vs Crystal Palace Live Streaming Match #LIVCRY August 15, 2022
- Watch Chelsea vs Tottenham Live Streaming Match #CHETOT #PL August 14, 2022
- Watch Lecce vs Inter Milan Live Streaming Match #LecceInter August 13, 2022
- Watch PSG vs Montpellier Live Streaming Match #PSGMHSC #FRA August 13, 2022
- Watch Barcelona vs Rayo Vallecano Live Streaming Match #BarçaRayo #LaLiga August 13, 2022