Chelsea boss, Thomas Tuchel was left frustrated by the club’s owners over the failure to sign Gabriel Jesus from Manchester City ahead of Arsenal.
Following Chelsea’s 1-0 defeat to Dinamo Zagreb in the Champions League on Tuesday, Todd Boehly decided to show the German the exit door.
Tuchel was sacked following weeks of tension between himself and the club’s new co-owner, Boehly.
It had been reported that the new club’s owner was unhappy with the former Borussia Dortmund boss’ lack of input and communication regarding transfers, with the German keen to focus more on coaching his squad.
The Athletic now reports that the former PSG boss was initially against signing a new striker during the summer transfer after his difficulties with Romelu Lukaku last season.
However, after U-turning on his stance, he was ‘frustrated’ that the Blues’ hierarchy did not move to sign Gabriel Jesus from Manchester City.
According to the report, Jesus was even keen on joining Chelsea but ended up at Arsenal.
Chelsea has now announced the appointment of Brighton’s manager, Graham Potter as their new boss.
- Downhill Domination Mobile – Download Downhill Domination Android APK & iOS February 5, 2023
- Tentacle Locker 2 Mobile – Play Tentacle Locker 2 Android APK & iOS February 5, 2023
- Football Manager 2023 Mobile Download Android APK & IOS February 5, 2023
- Transfer News: Done Deals, Fernandez undergoing Chelsea medical, Arsenal star to join PL side January 31, 2023
- Graham Potter must change Chelsea tune as defeatist attitude strikes wrong chord with fans January 14, 2023