With Todd Boehly’s £4billion takeover of the club nearing completion, the incoming American owner has been told that manager Thomas Tuchel will need a large budget this summer, with several key players possibly leaving Stamford Bridge
1. Ousmane Dembele
According to Goal.com, Ousmane Dembele has snubbed Barcelona’s final offer of a new contract and will be hitting free agency this summer. The World Cup-winning France international winger is expected to join Chelsea.
Dembele has largely struggled at Barcelona since his £136million move from Borussia Dortmund in 2017 but has enjoyed a renewed freedom since club legend Xavi was appointed manager in November. Under the former Barcelona midfielder, Dembele has recorded 13 La Liga assists in 21 appearances.
Chelsea have been linked with a somewhat shock move for Neymar with the Brazilian’s future at PSG said to be uncertain. Report made it known that PSG are ‘not against selling’ him should the ‘right transfer bid’ come their way. Thomas Tuchel managed the Brazilian superstar during his tenure as PSG manager, reaching a Champions League final and winning the Ligue 1 title twice in his two years in the French capital.
With PSG having persuaded star forward, Kylian Mbappe to sign a new contract and snub Real Madrid, they are set to build a side around the French World Cup winner in the hope it finally delivers an elusive Champions League title.
- Chelsea Transfer: Thiago Silva welcomes Neymar to Chelsea June 28, 2022
- “He has to go to Chelsea” – Blues defender urges club to sign star, transfer would be ‘for the best June 28, 2022
- Big Blow to Chelsea as Ousmané Dembélé has decided to renew his contract with Barcelona. June 27, 2022
- DONE DEAL: Gabriel Jesus to Arsenal announcement date ‘revealed June 26, 2022
- Chelsea Confirm 1st Summer Signing, Blues Agree Terms With €60M Star, Rice, Ronaldo June 26, 2022