Back in April 30, 2008, Didier Drogba helped Chelsea beat Liverpool in the UEFA Champions League semi-final second-leg tie at Stamford Bridge, with the forward netted sensational brace against the the Reds.
Drogba scoring twice as Chelsea triumphed 3-2 after extra-time at a rain-soaked Stamford Bridge to advance 4-3 on aggregate.
The centre-forward opened the scoring with a fine low strike from a tight angle on 33 minutes before hitting what proved to be the decider at the end of the first period of extra-time to clinch Chelsea’s place in the Moscow final.
The Blues faced Manchester United in the final stages of the competition but ended the matches with disappointing result as the Red Devils taken the titles to Old Trafford.
Four years later, Chelsea secured their first ever UEFA Champions League titles, beaten Bayern Munich in the penalty shoot-out after 1-1 draw in 120 minute.
— CFC-Blues ⭐️⭐️ (@CFCBlues_com) April 30, 2022
In this matches Didier Drogba was among hero that helped the west London club secured their first ever UEFA Champions League titles. Last season, Chelsea win the trophy once more, beaten Sevilla, Atlético Madrid, Real Madrid and Manchester City in the final stages of competition.
The Blues have already left out the competition this term, after beaten by Real Madrid in the quarter-final stage of the competitions
- Watch Liverpool vs Crystal Palace Live Streaming Match #LIVCRY August 15, 2022
- Watch Chelsea vs Tottenham Live Streaming Match #CHETOT #PL August 14, 2022
- Watch Lecce vs Inter Milan Live Streaming Match #LecceInter August 13, 2022
- Watch PSG vs Montpellier Live Streaming Match #PSGMHSC #FRA August 13, 2022
- Watch Barcelona vs Rayo Vallecano Live Streaming Match #BarçaRayo #LaLiga August 13, 2022