Ajax welcome Atalanta to the Johan Cruyff Arena for a 5:55pm kick-off on Wednesday, with both teams needing a result to qualify for the last-16 of the Champions League.
The hosts are third in Group D, with seven points from five games, and need a win to overtake the Italian side and qualify for the knockout stages alongside group winners Liverpool. Atalanta, meanwhile, just need to avoid defeat to reach the knockout stages for the second consecutive year.
Where to watch Ajax vs Atalanta on TV:
- UK: BT Sport 1
- US: Galavision
Ajax vs Atalanta online live stream:
UK: Subscribers can stream Ajax vs Atalanta live online via the BT Sport app.
US: Fubo* will be streaming Ajax vs Atalanta live for account holders. Those without a Fubo account already can take advantage of their seven-day free trial by following the simple steps below.
- Click on
- Click ‘Start Your Free Trial’ and enter your details.
- Log in and pick your desired channel to watch.
*Geo restrictions apply. Fubo is currently available in the United States, Canada and Spain. Packages and pricing differ per country.
Scoreline prediction: Ajax 2-2 Atalanta
Gian Piero Gasperini’s team came from 2-0 down to draw 2-2 in the previous meeting between the sides on matchday two, and the Italians have won both of their previous away games in the competition this season.
Ajax meanwhile are unbeaten in their last seven games against Italian opponents in the Champions League, however five of those have ended in draws, which would not be enough to see them through. Erik ten Hag’s side simply must win.
After an entertaining group stage it all comes down to this final match, so which team will come out on top in Amsterdam?
- Ajax (vs FC Twente): Onana; Klaiber, Schuurs, Blind, Tagliafico; Klaasen, Labyad, Gravenberch; Tadic, Traore, Promes.
- Atalanta (vs Midtjylland): Sportiello; Djimsiti, Romero, Palomino; Hateboer, Pessina, Freuler, Gosens*; Gomez, Muriel, Zapata.
There are question marks around David Neres and Noussair Mazraoui while Mohammed Kudus is out with a long-term injury, but otherwise Ajax have a clean bill of health and no suspensions.
Robin Gosens and Aleksey Miranchuk are both out of contention, while Mattia Caldara, Pierluigi Gollini and Sam Lammers are all injured for Atalanta.
Players to watch:
Ajax: Dusan Tadic has been involved in five of Ajax’s seven Champions League goals this season, scoring two and assisting three, although he’s failed to score in his last eight appearances at home in the competition. Ajax will need the former Southampton playmaker to be on song against Atalanta, who do give up space on the counter-attack. Tadic was on target from the penalty spot in Ajax’s last game, against FC Twente, but they were still beaten 2-1 at home on Saturday.
Atalanta: The Italian side are stronger away from home and their attacking options make them a hugely dangerous side. Duvan Zapata scored both of Atalanta’s goals in the first meeting between these two sides as they came from 2-0 down to draw in Italy and he will be desperate to get back to scoring ways, having gone seven matches in all competitions without a goal. Atalanta have won their last four away games in the Champions League and won’t be sitting back in the Dutch capital.
- Watch PSV Eindhoven vs Monaco Live Streaming Match #PSVMON #UCL #PSVASM August 9, 2022
- Watch Marseille vs Reims Live Streaming Match #OMSDR August 7, 2022
- Watch Barcelona vs Pumas UNAM Live Streaming Match August 7, 2022
- Watch West Ham vs Manchester City Live Streaming Match #WHUMCI #EPL #PL August 7, 2022
- Watch Manchester United vs Brighton Live Streaming Match #MUNBHA #EPL #FPL #PL August 7, 2022