Last weekend, Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang’s penalty saw the Gunners end their Old Trafford hoodoo, winning their in the league for the first time since 2006.
That goal means Aubameyang has scored 62.5% of his Premier League goals on Sundays, a ratio he’ll want to increase in this one.
🚨 The team news is in…
And we're unchanged from Old Trafford 👊#ARSAVL
— Arsenal (@Arsenal) November 8, 2020
At the other end of the pitch, Arsenal currently have the best defence in the division having let in just seven goals so far.
New signing Gabriel Magalhães and Thomas Partey were particularly impressive a week ago.
Since then, they’ve made it three wins out of two in the UEFA Europa League.
⚫ 𝗧 𝗘 𝗔 𝗠 𝗡 𝗘 𝗪 𝗦 ⚫
— Aston Villa (@AVFCOfficial) November 8, 2020
Nicolas Pépé and Joe Willock netted against Molde on Thursday to follow victories over Rapid Wien and Dundalk.
Will they climb up the Premier League table with a win here?
Aston Villa meanwhile are level on points with their hosts but seemingly going in the opposite direction.
They’ve now lost back to back games, 3-0 at home to Leeds and, most recently, 4-3 at home to Southampton.
The latter was a lot more convincing than the scoreline suggests as the Saints were 4-0 up before a late rally.
Dean Smith’s side started the season with four straight wins but are now staring at three defeats in a row.
Although, Villa are the only side yet to concede a goal away from home in the league this season, despite being the only club not to keep an away clean sheet last season.
- Downhill Domination Mobile – Download Downhill Domination Android APK & iOS February 5, 2023
- Tentacle Locker 2 Mobile – Play Tentacle Locker 2 Android APK & iOS February 5, 2023
- Football Manager 2023 Mobile Download Android APK & IOS February 5, 2023
- Transfer News: Done Deals, Fernandez undergoing Chelsea medical, Arsenal star to join PL side January 31, 2023
- Graham Potter must change Chelsea tune as defeatist attitude strikes wrong chord with fans January 14, 2023