Mohamed Elneny starts ahead of Dani Ceballos in midfield while Eddie Nketiah is on the bench as Arsenal get ready to take on Burnley in the Premier League.
As expected, Arsenal manager Mikel Arteta has made wholesale changes to the lineup that started against Dundalk in the Europa League in midweek for the Premier League clash against Burnley at the Emirates.
Only one player is retained from that side, with Mohamed Elneny getting the nod in the middle of the park over Dani Ceballos against the Clarets. The Egyptian starts alongside Granit Xhaka in the midfield double pivot for Arsenal, with Ceballos and Joe Willock on the bench.
Bernd Leno returns in goal after being rested in midweek. The German will be shielded by a backline comprising of Hector Bellerin, Rob Holding, Gabriel Magalhaes and Kieran Tierney.
At the other end of the pitch, Willian and Bukayo Saka start in the wide areas for Arsenal against Burnley while Alexandre Lacazette is likely to start in the hole behind main striker and club captain Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang once again. Eddie Nketiah, who was brilliant in midweek, finds himself on the bench along with Emile Smith Rowe.
Arsenal Starting Lineup: Leno, Bellerin, Holding, Gabriel, Tierney, Elneny, Xhaka, Willian, Lacazette, Saka, Aubameyang.
- Mike Dean admits he got Marc Cucurella/ Cristian Romero VAR decision wrong during Chelsea vs Spurs August 18, 2022
- Chelsea hopeful of sealing Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang deal August 18, 2022
- Watch Apollon vs Olympiacos Live Streaming Match #APOLOLY August 18, 2022
- Watch Liverpool vs Crystal Palace Live Streaming Match #LIVCRY August 15, 2022
- Watch Chelsea vs Tottenham Live Streaming Match #CHETOT #PL August 14, 2022