Arsenal vs Chelsea
England – Premier League
Date: Saturday, 26 December 2020
Kick-off at 17:30 UK/ 18:30 CET
Venue: Emirates Stadium.
The Gunners are in such dismal state, that talks have already started about their chances to get relegated. They are currently placed 15th in the table, and so far have recorded a total of just four wins.
The team, as well as the manager have been desperately trying to get out of this rut. But tough schedule coupled with bad form and lack of confidence have really been a curse on them.
Meanwhile, the Blues have had a contrasting season. Sure, they have had their highs and lows, but at the end of the day, they are still placed fifth in the table, and are contenders to finish in the podium at the end of the season.
Moreover, with the second-placed Leicester and third-placed Manchester United taking on each other this weekend, they have a great opportunity to improve their position in the table as well.
Finally, Frank Lampard’s men also have a good h2h record against this opponent in recent years, and especially in league games.
By the looks of things, expect Chelsea to dominate proceedings this Saturday at the Emirates Stadium, against the struggling Arsenal.
Arsenal vs Chelsea: Head-to-head (h2h)
- The Blues had recorded nine of the previous twelve overall league wins.
- They had scored two or more goals in four of the former six encounters.
- Since 2016, the hosts have recorded a total of just one PL win at this venue.
- The latest PL meeting at this venue had ended in a 1-2 win for the visitors.
Arsenal vs Chelsea: Prediction
Mikel Arteta’s men lost 2-1 on the road the last match-day, against Everton. In the meantime, Lampard’s men registered a 3-0 win at home against West Ham.
Going on, the Gunners last won a game in the league back in the first week of November, and they have also been conceding goals in plenty in the period. In fact, they let in two or more goals in four of their preceding six match-ups.
And at home, their latest PL victory had come in the first week of October. And just the last game week, they lost 1-4 at home against Manchester City.
On the other hand, their counterparts were unbeaten in 18 of their last 20 overall games, and they had also won five of their former eight road trips. They had also scored a total of 16 goals from the past seven away matches.
Finally, Lampard’s men also have a great h2h record against this opponent in recent times.
As such, expect the determined Chelsea to make the most of this upcoming meeting against the struggling Arsenal. Expect the Blues to score in plenty against the faltering Arsenal defense as well.
Arsenal vs Chelsea: Betting Tips
Draw No Bet: Chelsea @ 1.44 (4/9)
Over 1.5 Team Goals by Chelsea @ 1.90 (9/10).
- Watch PSV Eindhoven vs Monaco Live Streaming Match #PSVMON #UCL #PSVASM August 9, 2022
- Watch Marseille vs Reims Live Streaming Match #OMSDR August 7, 2022
- Watch Barcelona vs Pumas UNAM Live Streaming Match August 7, 2022
- Watch West Ham vs Manchester City Live Streaming Match #WHUMCI #EPL #PL August 7, 2022
- Watch Manchester United vs Brighton Live Streaming Match #MUNBHA #EPL #FPL #PL August 7, 2022