Arsenal vs Southampton
England – Premier League
Date: Wednesday, 16 December 2020
Kick-off at 18:00 UK/ 19:00 CET
Venue: Emirates Stadium.
Against expectations, the Gunners are one of the worst teams in the competition at the moment, while the Saints are one of the best. The latter are placed fourth in the table, trailing just two points below the toppers.
Moreover, the first-placed Tottenham are taking on the second-placed Liverpool this game week, and the third-placed Leicester are pitted against Everton. On top of that, the fifth-placed Chelsea are locking horns against Wolves.
Suffice it to say that a great opportunity awaits Ralph Hasenhuttl’s men to climb up the table.
Meanwhile, Mikel Arteta’s men are currently in the bottom-most tier of the table, and only three squads in the whole competition have scored fewer goals than them.
Of these three, two were promoted to the PL just at the end of the last season, while the third (Sheffield United) are currently placed dead last in standings.
In fact, the Gunners are going through one of their worst ever campaigns, and momentum is clearly against them.
As things stand, expect Southampton to record the better performance this Wednesday at the Emirates Stadium.
Arsenal vs Southampton: Head-to-head (h2h)
- Four of the former six clashes had goals from both teams.
- Three of the preceding five encounters had four or more goals.
- The visitors have scored two or more goals in three of the previous four meetings at this stadium.
- The latest game at this venue had ended in a 2-2 draw.
Arsenal vs Southampton: Prediction
Arteta’s men lost 0-1 at home against Burnley the last match-day. In fact, this was only the sixth ever goal by the Clarets this league season. In the meantime, Hasenhuttl’s men posted a 3-0 win at home against Sheffield United.
Going on, the Gunners are 15th in the table, and they have recorded a total of one point from their last five match-days.
They have also lost all of their league games at home since the first week of October, and if not for their Europa League fixtures against teams from comparatively far weaker domestic competitions, fans would have rioted at the Emirates Stadium.
On the other hand, the Saints were unbeaten in nine of their last ten overall matches, and they had scored two or more goals in eight of their preceding nine games. And on the road, they are on an invincible run since February of 2020 disregarding their single loss against Crystal Palace.
Taking these observations into consideration, expect Southampton to dominate proceedings this Wednesday against Arsenal.
Arsenal vs Southampton: Betting Tips
Double Chance: Southampton or Draw @ 1.75 (3/4)
Southampton to Win Either Half @ 2.40 (7/5).
- Watch PSV Eindhoven vs Monaco Live Streaming Match #PSVMON #UCL #PSVASM August 9, 2022
- Watch Marseille vs Reims Live Streaming Match #OMSDR August 7, 2022
- Watch Barcelona vs Pumas UNAM Live Streaming Match August 7, 2022
- Watch West Ham vs Manchester City Live Streaming Match #WHUMCI #EPL #PL August 7, 2022
- Watch Manchester United vs Brighton Live Streaming Match #MUNBHA #EPL #FPL #PL August 7, 2022