Aston Villa vs Arsenal
England – Premier League
Date: Saturday, 19 March 2022
Kick-off at 12:30 UK/ 13:30 CET
Venue: Villa Park.
The Gunners could be counted amongst the best teams in the English top flight at the moment. They are on a long winning streak, and are firmly in control of the fourth spot – which is essential for qualification to the next edition of the Champions League.
Moreover, after years of mediocre finishes in the Premier League, a top-four ending would be a matter of pride for a team that once used to rule England.
Meanwhile, Villa are oscillating between periods of struggle and form. After a series of three consecutive wins, they had lost the last match-day in the league. And it needs to be mentioned that the three wins had come against comparatively easier opponents.
Mikel Arteta’s men are no such squad. Expect a fierce encounter this Saturday, and expect Arsenal to have the edge as well.
Aston Villa vs Arsenal Head-to-head (h2h)
- The latest encounter had ended in a 3-1 win for the Gunners.
- They had recorded 12 of the past 16 overall wins.
- The visitors had registered wins in three of the last five clashes at this ground.
- Arteta’s men had scored two or more goals in three of the former five match-ups at this stadium.
Aston Villa vs Arsenal Prediction & Analysis
Villa lost 2-1 on the road the last match-day, against West Ham. They were also winless in eight of their past twelve overall games, and in the process they had even gone on a three-game losing streak.
Going on, they have won just once at home in the past four-month period, and just thrice since September of 2021.
On the other hand, Arteta’s men registered a dominant 2-0 win at home the past game week, against 2015-16 champions Leicester. They are also on a five-fixture winning streak, and they had slotted in a total of ten goals in the process.
Going on, they also have an impressive h2h record against this rival over the years.
Taking into account these observations, expect a win for Arsenal this Saturday at the Villa Park.
Key Stats for Betting
- The Gunners are one of the only three teams in the whole competition to have won the last five straight fixtures. Liverpool and Chelsea are the other two squads.
- Their latest loss in the PL had come on the first of January 2022, against defending champions Manchester City.
- Meanwhile, Villa have registered a single win at home since the first week of December.
- Chelsea, Ighalo, Kalou, UCL, others react o Mikel Obi’s retirement from football September 27, 2022
- John Terry, Ex-Man Utd star and Solomon Kalou react after John Mikel Obi announces his retirement September 27, 2022
- Crystal Palace vs Chelsea: Team News, Injury Update, Date And Time. September 27, 2022
- Here Are 3 In-form Chelsea Players On International Duty September 27, 2022
- Players From Chelsea’s 2012 Champions League Winning XI Who Have Retired Including Mikel Obi September 27, 2022
Sports News38 mins ago
Chelsea Players With The Fewest Number Of Playing Minutes So Far This Season
Gaming20 hours ago
Download Dream League Soccer 2023 APK+ Data, DLS 23 (Latest Mod) v23.2
Gaming19 hours ago
Paris Saint-Germain FC Dream League Soccer Kits 2023 – PSG DLS 23 Kits
Gaming19 hours ago
Latest Real Madrid New DLS Kits 2023 – Dream League Soccer Adidas(DLS 23)
Sports News34 mins ago
Photos of Aubameyang, Mendy & other Chelsea players training ahead of the Derby against Palace
Sports News33 mins ago
Former Chelsea and Nigeria Midfielder John Obi Mikel Has Announced His Retirement-Report
Sports News31 mins ago
Players From Chelsea’s 2012 Champions League Winning XI Who Have Retired Including Mikel Obi
Live Streaming23 hours ago
Watch England vs Germany Live Streaming Match #ENGGER #NationsLeague