Atalanta vs Sassuolo
Italian Serie A
Date: 21 September 2021, Tuesday
Kick-off at 19:45 UK/ 20:45 CET
Venue: Gewiss Stadium (Bergamo).
Atalanta is in search of a morale boosting win when they welcome Sassuolo on Tuesday in a game that produced plenty of goals in previous campaigns.
La Dea made a slow start to the new season and sat at 8th in the table. They were made to work extremely hard in each game played so far, narrow wins against Torino and the newly promoted Salernitana along with a draw against Bologna gave them 7 points.
Meantime, they were beaten by Fiorentina, a team in top form in early weeks of the campaign.
Main worry for Gian Piero Gasperini is goals, currently averaging at 1 per game, a big dip from 2.3 per game they achieved last season.
Sassuolo are in trouble as well, they went to sleep since the 3-2 thrilling win against Verona on matchday 1. A goal-less draw against Sampdoria followed by back-to-back narrow defeats against Roma and now Torino on the weekend keep them at 12th in the table.
The Neroverdi had an impressive season last term under Roberto De Zerbi and missed a ticket to Europe on an inferior head-to-head record against Roma. The team does not look anywhere close to that quality under new manager Alessio Dionisi.
Atalanta vs Sassuolo Head-to-head
- Atalanta are unbeaten in the last 15 matches against Sassuolo across all competitions, 10 wins and 5 draws.
- The corresponding fixture of last season was a thumping 5-1 win for Atalanta. Sassuolo restored some pride with a 1-1 draw in the reverse fixture back at their home turf.
- The last six h2hs saw both teams scoring with over 3.5 goals in five of them.
- At home, La Dea sit with wins in 5 meetings across all competitions.
Atalanta vs Sassuolo Prediction
The team managed by Gasperini is yet to hit top gear as in previous seasons. But I believe it is a matter of time since the core of the team that helped them achieve a top finish last season is retained.
Sassuolo are yet to come good as a team under the new management of Alessio Dionisi. Besides the lack of clarity in their play, they had trouble keeping the ball out of their defensive zone. To make it worse, they build up play and philosophy of play out of defense often puts them in trouble.
If Atalanta can find their good old scoring form, they are in for a big win here or else we will see a narrow win for the team from Bergamo
- Chelsea, Ighalo, Kalou, UCL, others react o Mikel Obi’s retirement from football September 27, 2022
- John Terry, Ex-Man Utd star and Solomon Kalou react after John Mikel Obi announces his retirement September 27, 2022
- Crystal Palace vs Chelsea: Team News, Injury Update, Date And Time. September 27, 2022
- Here Are 3 In-form Chelsea Players On International Duty September 27, 2022
- Players From Chelsea’s 2012 Champions League Winning XI Who Have Retired Including Mikel Obi September 27, 2022
Sports News46 mins ago
Chelsea Players With The Fewest Number Of Playing Minutes So Far This Season
Sports News42 mins ago
Photos of Aubameyang, Mendy & other Chelsea players training ahead of the Derby against Palace
Gaming20 hours ago
Download Dream League Soccer 2023 APK+ Data, DLS 23 (Latest Mod) v23.2
Gaming19 hours ago
Paris Saint-Germain FC Dream League Soccer Kits 2023 – PSG DLS 23 Kits
Gaming19 hours ago
Latest Real Madrid New DLS Kits 2023 – Dream League Soccer Adidas(DLS 23)
Sports News41 mins ago
Former Chelsea and Nigeria Midfielder John Obi Mikel Has Announced His Retirement-Report
Sports News39 mins ago
Players From Chelsea’s 2012 Champions League Winning XI Who Have Retired Including Mikel Obi
Live Streaming23 hours ago
Watch England vs Germany Live Streaming Match #ENGGER #NationsLeague