Bournemouth vs Aston Villa
England – Premier League
Date: Saturday, 6 August 2022
Kick-off at 15:00 UK/ 16:00 CET
Venue: Vitality Stadium.
Aston Villa had to go through some serious stuff the last season in the English top flight. However, after the arrival of Steven Gerrard they seem to have made a comeback. They will have a serious challenge at their hands this weekend as they lock horns with the newly promoted Bournemouth.
Bournemouth had secured a second-place finish the last season in the English Championship and as a result they were promoted to the top flight. This impressive campaign has definitely given them huge momentum and they will be absolutely eager to make the most out of this.
They were the only team to have kept the number of losses in single digits the last season in the English second division and it also needs to be mentioned that defense was one of the hallmarks during this stretch.
Meanwhile Aston Villa did finish 14th in a table off 20 the previous season in the Premier League. It might look like they had to settle for a bottom-tier finish but the truth is entirely different.
At one point during the season it felt that they would have been relegated at the end of the campaign. It was only after the arrival of Gerrard that the team showed some signs of life.
It goes without saying that we are about to witness a fierce encounter this Saturday, as the two teams take on each other. Moreover, their head-to-head history also suggests the same thing.
Likely, expect a high-scoring affair this Saturday between the 2 teams.
Bournemouth vs Aston Villa Head-to-head (h2h)
- The last 3 encounters had goals from both teams.
- 4 of the previous 5 clashes had 3 or more goals.
- The latest meeting at this ground had finished in a 2-1 win for the hosts.
- Not once have the home team kept a clean sheet at this ground in the past decade.
Bournemouth vs Aston Villa Prediction & Analysis
In the past 6 months Bournemouth had lost just 2 times and they had also finished their league campaign with 3 straight victories. Do also note that the last they lost in front of their home crowd was back in the first week of February.
On the other hand, Aston Villa have lost just 2 times in the past 4 months and these 2 defeats had come against Manchester City and Liverpool. They also have the confidence of having taken on some of the best teams in Europe in the past few years.
In spite of their difficult campaign the last time around they do have the experience of having locked horns with some titans over the course of the past seasons.
Taking into account these observations, expect a goal-fest this weekend.
- Watch Liverpool vs Crystal Palace Live Streaming Match #LIVCRY August 15, 2022
- Watch Chelsea vs Tottenham Live Streaming Match #CHETOT #PL August 14, 2022
- Watch Lecce vs Inter Milan Live Streaming Match #LecceInter August 13, 2022
- Watch PSG vs Montpellier Live Streaming Match #PSGMHSC #FRA August 13, 2022
- Watch Barcelona vs Rayo Vallecano Live Streaming Match #BarçaRayo #LaLiga August 13, 2022