Chelsea vs Liverpool
England – FA Cup
Date: Saturday, 14 May 2022
Kick-off at 16:45 UK/ 17:45 CET
Venue: Wembley Stadium.
Liverpool just might have let their quadruple slip through their hands. They were on course to usurp Manchester City from the top of the table in the Premier League, but the Reds were held to a draw in their own backyard by Tottenham.
Now all they have remaining is the FA Cup and Champions League and we can count on them to give their absolute best on the pitch to bring these two titles to Anfield.
But they will have a familiar rival waiting for them in the final, in the form of current European champions Chelsea. Note that these two had locked horns in the EFL cup a few months back and then Jurgen Klopp’s men managed to secure the win via penalties.
By all means, the Blues will be waiting for a chance to avenge themselves, and they just might not get a better opportunity than this.
Count on a fierce encounter to take place between the two teams this Saturday. This has also turned into a matter of pride for these two heavyweights of the English football scene.
Moreover, goals have always come in plenty whenever these two squads have locked horns with each other in the past. Expect more of the same to happen this weekend as well as the two gun for triumph in the FA Cup.
Chelsea vs Liverpool Head-to-head (h2h)
- Two of the past three encounters had goals from both teams.
- These two had locked horns in the final of the EFL Cup and then Liverpool had managed to win via penalties.
- The last four overall wins wear evenly split into two each for either squad.
- The latest league meeting had finished in a 2-2 draw.
Chelsea vs Liverpool Prediction & Analysis
The Blues recorded a comprehensive 2-0 win against Crystal Palace in the semi-final and they were also on a good streak of performances till they were eliminated by Real Madrid in the semi-final of the Champions league.
While they surely will be disappointed in not being able to retain their European crown, they will be determined to compensate themselves at least with the FA Cup.
We can count on them to absolutely trouble Jurgen Klopp’s men this weekend.
However, it is a doubt if the Reds would make matters easy for Thomas Tuchel’s men.
It goes without saying that Liverpool have been the best team in the world this past season and they are considered favourites to defeat Real Madrid in the final of the Champions League.
And even though they have faced a setback in the title race in the Premier League they still have a shot to run away with. Have confidence that the 6-time European champions will come out with guns blazing this weekend to lay their hands on the faint FA Cup trophy.
It gives them confidence that they had defeated none other than Manchester City in the semi-final of the competition.
Chances are high for goals to come from either end of the pitch this Saturday.
Key Stats for Betting
- Apart from Manchester City, these two teams have been the absolute best in the English top flight this season.
- The Reds have scored the most number of goals, excluding defending champions Citizens in the EPL.
- Aston Villa Signs Barcelona Star, Chelsea To Offload Players This Summer May 15, 2022
- Experienced Chelsea midfielder pushing for transfer exit to a new club when transfer window opens May 15, 2022
- TUCHEL OUT: Three Tactical Managers That Could Replace Thomas Tuchel at Chelsea May 15, 2022
- Chelsea’s Strongest Lineup With The Addition Of Koulibaly, De Jong, And Harry Kane In The Summer May 15, 2022
- Three Best Players and Two Worst Players, as Liverpool Beat Chelsea On Penalties To Win the FA Cup May 15, 2022
Sports News12 hours ago
FA Cup: What Tuchel Told His Players After Losing Another Domestic Final To Liverpool This Season
Sports News53 mins ago
TUCHEL OUT: Three Tactical Managers That Could Replace Thomas Tuchel at Chelsea
Live Streaming24 hours ago
Watch Montpellier vs PSG Live Streaming Match #MHSCPSG #Ligue1
Sports News12 hours ago
Three Best Players and Two Worst Players, as Liverpool Beat Chelsea On Penalties To Win the FA Cup
Transfer News12 hours ago
Chelsea’s Strongest Lineup With The Addition Of Koulibaly, De Jong, And Harry Kane In The Summer
Sports News35 mins ago
Experienced Chelsea midfielder pushing for transfer exit to a new club when transfer window opens
Transfer News32 mins ago
Aston Villa Signs Barcelona Star, Chelsea To Offload Players This Summer