Chelsea vs West Ham United
England – Premier League
Date: Monday, 21 December 2020
Kick-off at 20:00 UK/ 21:00 CET
Venue: Stamford Bridge.
The Blues are slowly losing footing in the top-most tier of the table, and they desperately need a win this week to not let problems escalate. Currently they are placed seventh in the table.
However, there’s hope, since with the possible exception of Liverpool, every other team above them have tough match-ups this game week. Should Frank Lampard’s men secure a win this Monday, they still could get back to the European spots.
Going on, it gives fans further hope since the Blues have been really good against low-profile teams this season. They have only faltered against some of the best in the league, and the Hammers on their best day would be just a mid-table squad.
On top of that, the 2016-17 champions also have a good h2h record against this foe.
By the looks of things, expect the determined Chelsea to deliver a commendable performance this Monday at the Stamford Bridge.
Chelsea vs West Ham: Head-to-head (h2h)
- The Blues had recorded 18 of the preceding 24 overall wins.
- Seven of the past eleven clashes had goals from both teams.
- Since 2002, only once have the hosts lost at this venue.
- The home team had also scored two or more goals in seven of the preceding ten clashes at this stadium.
- The guests had failed to score in five of the last nine meetings at this ground.
Chelsea vs West Ham: Prediction
Lampard’s men lost 2-1 on the road the last match-day, against Wolves. In the meantime, David Moyes’s men were held to a 1-1 draw at home the past game week, by Crystal Palace.
Going on, the 2016-17 champions were unbeaten in 17 of their preceding 19 overall fixtures, and the two losses during this stretch had come against Everton, and Wolves. In the process, they had also gone on a six-match winning run.
And at home, they have lost just thrice all through 2020, and the defeats had come against Liverpool, Bayern, and Manchester United.
On top of that, they also have a terrific h2h record at this venue against this rival. On the other hand, their counterparts were winless in five of their preceding nine match-ups, and remained so in four of their past seven fixtures.
Taking these stats into account, expect Chelsea to make use of this game, and deliver a good performance this Monday.
Chelsea vs West Ham: Betting Tips
To Win: Chelsea @ 1.44 (4/9)
Over 1.5 Team Goals by Chelsea @ 1.44 (4/9).
- Watch Liverpool vs Crystal Palace Live Streaming Match #LIVCRY August 15, 2022
- Watch Chelsea vs Tottenham Live Streaming Match #CHETOT #PL August 14, 2022
- Watch Lecce vs Inter Milan Live Streaming Match #LecceInter August 13, 2022
- Watch PSG vs Montpellier Live Streaming Match #PSGMHSC #FRA August 13, 2022
- Watch Barcelona vs Rayo Vallecano Live Streaming Match #BarçaRayo #LaLiga August 13, 2022