Chelsea vs Wolves
England – Premier League
Date: Saturday, 7 May 2022
Kick-off at 15:00 UK/ 16:00 CET
Venue: Stamford Bridge.
The Blues are desperately trying to secure the third spot in the table. After having been eliminated from the Champions league this remains their biggest objective this season.
With four fixtures remaining they have a lead of three points over the fourth-placed Arsenal, and a surplus of five points over the fifth-placed Spurs.
Considering the form of these two squads it is not at all safe for Thomas Tuchel’s men to take things easy. They need to find their old form back if they are particular about finishing in the podium at the end of the campaign.
It helps that they are pitted against the Wolves who are going through a losing streak at the moment. In fact, Wolverhampton have been one of the worst teams in the English topflight in the last few weeks, and they have letting in goals in huge numbers during this stretch.
Do also note that they have a poor head-to-head record against the current European champions.
By the looks of things expect a win for Chelsea this Saturday at their home.
Chelsea vs Wolves Head-to-head (h2h)
- The Blues had recorded 11 of the past 14 overall wins.
- They had kept clean sheets in three of the past four overall meetings.
- At this venue the hosts have an unbeaten record in the past two decades.
- They have scored two or more goals in all but two of their appearances here.
Chelsea vs Wolves Prediction & Analysis
The Blues did lose 1-0 against Everton the last matchday. But they were unbeaten in 42 of their past 48 overall fixtures, and in the process they had even gone on a 7-game winning streak, and two separate six-fixture winning streaks as well.
On the other hand, Wolves lost 0-3 at home the past game week against Brighton. They are also on a 3-fixture losing streak, and they had lost seven of their past ten games.
Going on they had lost four of their previous fire road trips, and most importantly they have a poor head-to-head record against this rival over the years.
Taking into account these observations, expect a win for Chelsea this Saturday.
Key Stats for Betting
- The Blues have scored the most number of goals and have conceded the least in the competition – barring Manchester City and Liverpool.
- They have lost just thrice at this venue this season, and two of these losses had come against Arsenal and Manchester City.
- In the meantime, Wolves have a perfect losing record on the road in the past two months, disregarding their win against the relegation-threatened Everton.
- Watch PSV Eindhoven vs Monaco Live Streaming Match #PSVMON #UCL #PSVASM August 9, 2022
- Watch Marseille vs Reims Live Streaming Match #OMSDR August 7, 2022
- Watch Barcelona vs Pumas UNAM Live Streaming Match August 7, 2022
- Watch West Ham vs Manchester City Live Streaming Match #WHUMCI #EPL #PL August 7, 2022
- Watch Manchester United vs Brighton Live Streaming Match #MUNBHA #EPL #FPL #PL August 7, 2022