Espanyol vs Barcelona
Spain – La Liga
Date: Sunday, 13 February 2022
Kick-off at 20:00 UK/ 21:00 CET
Venue: RCDE Stadium.
Barcelona seem to have found their old selves under Xavi. Well, not as dominant as their treble-winning teams, but they are once again resembling a squad that is not to be taken lightly.
Some good signings in the January transfer window, combined with the guidance of former world-cup winning midfielder, and the team is now in the running for a spot in the podium.
They are placed fourth in the table at the moment, and just climbed over arch-rivals Atleti in standings – and that too after inflicting a loss on them.
Meanwhile, Espanyol are stuck in the bottom half of the table. They are on a long winless streak at the moment (most of them losses), and most importantly, they have a long history of derby rivalry against this opponent.
Barca will be eager to keep their momentum going on, and deliver another confidence-boosting win this Sunday. And if it is against an arch-rival, the better.
Espanyol vs Barcelona Head-to-head (h2h)
- The latest meeting had ended in a 1-0 win for Xavi’s men.
- They had won four of the past five clashes.
- The last they lost a league encounter was back in 2009.
- At this venue, the guests had scored two or more goals in four of the former six match-ups.
Espanyol vs Barcelona Prediction & Analysis
Espanyol lost 2-1 on the road the last match-day, against Bilbao. They had also lost four of their past five games, and they are on a six-fixture winless streak.
They are also on a two-game losing streak at home, and they had conceded a total of six goals in the process.
On the other hand, Barcelona recorded a 4-2 win at home the past game week, against defending champions Atletico Madrid, and this has certainly raised their confidence through the roof.
And their last defeat in regular time still remains to be the one against Bayern Munich, in the Champions League.
Judging these observations, and the past h2h results, expect a win for Barcelona this weekend.
Key Stats for Betting
- Xavi’s men are placed fourth in the table, and they are one of the only three squads in the whole league to have stayed unbeaten in the past five match-days.
- They are also the only team in the entire La Liga to have stayed unbeaten in the past five road trips.
- Meanwhile, Espanyol last registered a win in December of 2021.
- Chelsea, Ighalo, Kalou, UCL, others react o Mikel Obi’s retirement from football September 27, 2022
- John Terry, Ex-Man Utd star and Solomon Kalou react after John Mikel Obi announces his retirement September 27, 2022
- Crystal Palace vs Chelsea: Team News, Injury Update, Date And Time. September 27, 2022
- Here Are 3 In-form Chelsea Players On International Duty September 27, 2022
- Players From Chelsea’s 2012 Champions League Winning XI Who Have Retired Including Mikel Obi September 27, 2022
Sports News51 mins ago
Chelsea Players With The Fewest Number Of Playing Minutes So Far This Season
Gaming20 hours ago
Download Dream League Soccer 2023 APK+ Data, DLS 23 (Latest Mod) v23.2
Gaming20 hours ago
Paris Saint-Germain FC Dream League Soccer Kits 2023 – PSG DLS 23 Kits
Gaming19 hours ago
Latest Real Madrid New DLS Kits 2023 – Dream League Soccer Adidas(DLS 23)
Sports News47 mins ago
Photos of Aubameyang, Mendy & other Chelsea players training ahead of the Derby against Palace
Gaming19 hours ago
FC Real Madrid 2022-2023 Adidas Kits For Dream League Soccer 2023 (DLS 23)
Sports News46 mins ago
Former Chelsea and Nigeria Midfielder John Obi Mikel Has Announced His Retirement-Report
Sports News44 mins ago
Players From Chelsea’s 2012 Champions League Winning XI Who Have Retired Including Mikel Obi