Gabon vs Ghana
African Cup of Nations
Date: 14 January 2022, Friday
Kick-off at 19:00 UK / 20:00 CET
Venue: Stade Omnisport Ahmadou Ahidjo (Yaounde).
Gabon and Ghana take on each other in a very important second round clash in Group C of the 2022 African Cup of Nations.
With the likes of Morocco in their group, it is clear that these two teams desperately need points in this clash in which they come across each other.
Ghana have been much more successful historically and they do have more quality in their ranks all around nowadays, despite being miles away from the 2010 generation.
The good news for Ghana’s fans is the return of Serbian manager Milovan Rajevac at the helm. Rajevac is ready to get the Black Stars back among the African elite.
He may not have the likes of Asamoah Gyan or Michael Essien available anymore, but the squad that features Ayew brothers, Thomas Partey, or Daniel Amartey is well capable of hurting anyone in this competition.
Ghana have shown their strength during the African World Cup Qualifications as they won their respective group ahead of South Africa, Ethiopia, and Zimbabwe with four wins in six matches.
Ghana have allowed only three goals in the process. They did very well defensively on Monday in the AFCON opener against Morocco as well, meaning keeping a clean sheet against Gabon should not represent too big of a challenge.
Gabon vs Ghana Head-to-head
- Ghana won two and lost one of the last three matches against Gabon.
- The two teams locked horns in the African World Cup Qualifications in 2008 when they claimed a win apiece on the home patch.
- They also met each other in a friendly in November2011 when Ghana celebrated a 2-1 victory.
Gabon vs Ghana Prediction
The big question here is whether Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang and Mario Lemina are ready to feature for Gabon.
The latest reports reveal that this duo is sidelined. In this case, we see Ghana as pretty big favorites here, especially after their strong defensive showing against the likes of Morocco on the opening day.
We will thus back the Under 2.5 goals FT as the main betting option at the 1.53 odds, while you can also go with Ghana’s win at the 2.00.
- DONE DEAL: Crystal Palace Interested In Van De Beek, Inter Milan Signed Gosens January 26, 2022
- Chelsea Transfer News: Chelsea Reach Final Agreement For Bundesliga Star January 26, 2022
- Chelsea’s Next 12 PL Games And Why They Might Still Win The PL Title This Season January 26, 2022
- Watch Mali vs Equatorial Guinea Live Streaming Match #TeamMali 🆚 #TeamEquatorialGuinea #TotalEnergiesAFCON2021 | #AFCON2021 | #MLIGNQ January 26, 2022
- Watch Ivory Coast vs Egypt Live Streaming Match #TeamEgypt #AFCON2021 #TeamCotedIvoire #CIVEGY January 26, 2022
Sports News15 hours ago
OFFICIAL: Another Top English Club Sacks Manager After Run Of Poor Results, Latest Transfer Updates
Sports News8 hours ago
BREAKING; Star Player Undergoes Medicals Ahead Of Move, Latest On Transfer Done Deals
Live Streaming8 hours ago
Watch Ivory Coast vs Egypt Live Streaming Match #TeamEgypt #AFCON2021 #TeamCotedIvoire #CIVEGY
Live Streaming5 hours ago
Watch Mali vs Equatorial Guinea Live Streaming Match #TeamMali 🆚 #TeamEquatorialGuinea #TotalEnergiesAFCON2021 | #AFCON2021 | #MLIGNQ
Sports News4 hours ago
Chelsea’s Next 12 PL Games And Why They Might Still Win The PL Title This Season
Transfer News3 hours ago
Chelsea Transfer News: Chelsea Reach Final Agreement For Bundesliga Star
Sports News3 hours ago
DONE DEAL: Crystal Palace Interested In Van De Beek, Inter Milan Signed Gosens