Leeds vs Newcastle
England – Premier League
Date: Wednesday, 16 December 2020
Kick-off at 18:00 UK/ 19:00 CET
Venue: Elland Road.
The Magpies did have a rocky start to their campaign. But ever since they have recuperated, and have been posting points on the board consistently.
They have shown great skill in securing much-needed wins against struggling opponents, and recently their only losses have come against some of the best in the competition.
They have also been scoring goals for fun lately, and they are just four points away from possessing a European spot – that too while having a game in hand.
Suffice it to say that confidence is high in their camp.
Meanwhile, Marcelo Bielsa’s men have officially entered a period of lull. They are finding it tough to battle it out against the experienced squads in the PL, and are going down the table each passing week.
They also have a worrying h2h record against this foe, and have conceded goals against them in plenty. And importantly, they have been a total disaster at home in the past two months.
As such, expect Newcastle to have the edge this Wednesday at the Elland Road.
Leeds vs Newcastle: Head-to-head (h2h)
- Steve Bruce’s men had recorded 13 of the previous 17 overall wins.
- Their last official loss against this opponent had come in 2002.
- At this venue, the guests had won four of the past five encounters.
- The visitors had scored a total of 18 goals from the preceding seven meetings at this ground.
- The hosts last won here back in 1999.
Leeds vs Newcastle: Prediction
The Peacocks lost 1-2 at home the last match-day, against West Ham. In the meantime, the Magpies recorded a 2-1 win at home against West Brom.
Going on, Bielsa’s men have one win from past six games, and just two from their former nine fixtures. They are also on a five-match winless run at home, and most importantly, they are a newly-promoted club.
In addition, they have a terrible h2h record against this opponent in the past three decades, and have conceded two or more goals in every h2h match-up at this venue since 1999.
On the other hand, Bruce’s men were unbeaten in eight of their preceding eleven fixtures, and the three losses during this stretch had come against Chelsea, Manchester United, and Southampton.
They have also lost just once on the road all through this campaign.
Likely, expect Newcastle to be the dominating team on the pitch this Wednesday.
Leeds vs Newcastle: Betting Tips
Double Chance: Newcastle or Draw @ 2.20 (6/5)
Newcastle to Win Either Half @ 3.50 (5/2)
- Watch PSV Eindhoven vs Monaco Live Streaming Match #PSVMON #UCL #PSVASM August 9, 2022
- Watch Marseille vs Reims Live Streaming Match #OMSDR August 7, 2022
- Watch Barcelona vs Pumas UNAM Live Streaming Match August 7, 2022
- Watch West Ham vs Manchester City Live Streaming Match #WHUMCI #EPL #PL August 7, 2022
- Watch Manchester United vs Brighton Live Streaming Match #MUNBHA #EPL #FPL #PL August 7, 2022