LIVERPOOL MAKE FIVE CHANGES
Mohamed Salah returned to Liverpool‘s starting line-up after his recent positive Covid-19 test as manager Jurgen Klopp made five changes for the Champions League visit of Atalanta.
Klopp named a second-string defence with only Joel Matip remaining from Sunday’s win over Leicester as Neco Williams, Rhys Williams and Kostas Tsimikas all came in to start.
James Milner moved from right-back to midfield with Salah and Divock Origi coming in up front.
Atalanta made six changes from their 5-0 defeat to the Reds three weeks ago, strengthened by the inclusion of the likes of Robin Gosens and Marten De Roon.
ATALANTA TEAM NEWS
Team to play Liverpool: Gollini, Toloi, Romero, Djimsiti, Hateboer, de Roon, Freuler, Pessina, Gosens, Gomez, Ilicic.
Subs: Palomino, Lammers, Muriel, Piccini, Mojica, Rossi, Ruggeri, Scalvini, Sportiello, Miranchuk, Zapata, Panada.
LIVERPOOL TEAM NEWS – SALAH STARTS
Team to play Atalanta: Alisson, N. Williams, R. Williams, Matip, Tsimikas, Milner, Wijnaldum, Jones, Mane, Salah, Origi.
Subs: Adrian, Kelleher, Fabinho, Firmino, Minamino, Jota, Robertson, Cain, Clarkson, Koumetio.
The forward begins as the Reds make five changes for the Group D encounter.
Divock Origi, Kostas Tsimikas, Rhys Williams and Neco Williams also come into Jürgen Klopp’s starting XI.
Liverpool: Alisson, N. Williams, R. Williams, Matip, Tsimikas, Milner, Wijnaldum, Jones, Mane, Salah, Origi.
Subs: Adrian, Kelleher, Fabinho, Firmino, Minamino, Jota, Robertson, Cain, Clarkson, Koumeti
- Downhill Domination Mobile – Download Downhill Domination Android APK & iOS February 5, 2023
- Tentacle Locker 2 Mobile – Play Tentacle Locker 2 Android APK & iOS February 5, 2023
- Football Manager 2023 Mobile Download Android APK & IOS February 5, 2023
- Transfer News: Done Deals, Fernandez undergoing Chelsea medical, Arsenal star to join PL side January 31, 2023
- Graham Potter must change Chelsea tune as defeatist attitude strikes wrong chord with fans January 14, 2023